Kona question

Nothing useful to add but can agree with muddy paw. I'm the most unfit person you're ever likely to know of and my low range hahanna is inspiring more confidence every time I ride it. I'm surprising myself but am also pushing to try and get some fitness built up as quickly as possible.
Enjoy your kona, I know I'm enjoying mine, oh and the p2's are a cracking fork, just need to try some risers so I can stop the wrist ache the racelight leave me with...... if anyone has anything to swap???

raidan73":3l8fex3v said:
Kona frame numbers don't give any useful info unfortunately. It's all about recognising the details to narrow it down.

Hmm it certainly isn't straightforward with these Kona's but i think i've got an understanding of it now and i think i'll be checking my Fire Mountain to be certain of the year ..

Leighcal":1jt41baq said:
Nothing useful to add but can agree with muddy paw. I'm the most unfit person you're ever likely to know of and my low range hahanna is inspiring more confidence every time I ride it. I'm surprising myself but am also pushing to try and get some fitness built up as quickly as possible.
Enjoy your kona, I know I'm enjoying mine, oh and the p2's are a cracking fork, just need to try some risers so I can stop the wrist ache the racelight leave me with...... if anyone has anything to swap???

Yes even the low range Kona's ride really well and inspire you to push that bit more ..

At the moment i'm off my feet so your alot fitter than i am and i can't ride my Kona even if i suddenly became well again as it's in bits atm :roll: ..

Yes the p2's are a great fork and what are risers :LOL: ..

Re:

Fire mountains are Deffo purple in 91.... Except the one I redone in Porsche Sepia brown pearl and sent to my friend in Norway

Re: Re:

Negawsklov":1nnw1dqm said:
Fire mountains are Deffo purple in 91.... Except the one I redone in Porsche Sepia brown pearl and sent to my friend in Norway

The catalogue shoes it in blue but i've got a Raliegh Ravine in purple but taking pics of it is a pain as they tend to turn out looking blue :facepalm: ..

Re:

I have the original catalogue! The catalogue scan is the RetroBIKE archive, the spec is correct but the paint job in the catalogue is the awful mustard splatter - bleah. Suntour X1 shifters are awful to use, but actually shift OK and the brakes work with careful set up and new pads. I have a set of original rims in the garage, barely worn...

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/v/M ... ogue+1990/

SP

Back