Cateye question

shinobi

Senior Retro Guru
Hi
I found a couple of old Cateye Mity cordless computers in one of my parts boxes the other day so thought i might bung one on my commuter , So i put new batterys in it , tried it on the bench working fine , fitted it , spun the wheel worked fine , actually ride the bike and it doesnt work !!! ive tried both units and its the same , works spinning it up by hand but not on the road , what is going on 😁

I've had the same problem over the years:
1 The plastic computer mount bends if tightened too far on the bars, leading to unreliable connections to the head unit - maybe refit less tightly, or with a bit of double sided tape behind to stop it rotating on the bars while fixing more loosely. This is especially bad with the zip-tie types.
2 Wiggle the head unit to get it to connect
3 Interference from HR monitors etc, some cheap lights can be very bad for interference.

1 The plastic computer mount bends if tightened too far on the bars, leading to unreliable connections to the head unit - maybe refit less tightly, or with a bit of double sided tape behind to stop it rotating on the bars while fixing more loosely. This is especially bad with the zip-tie types.
3 Interference from HR monitors etc, some cheap lights can be very bad for interference.
Thats an idea , i will try that on the way home 👍

Thats an idea , i will try that on the way home 👍
Ah just thought , its cordless so no connections !!

I had exactly that with one - it worked OK next to the wheel sensor but not on the bars. I also had it with a Parrot car kit. Certainly fitting decent quality batteries (Duracell) helped. But on the Cateye I gave up.

I had exactly that with one - it worked OK next to the wheel sensor but not on the bars. I also had it with a Parrot car kit. Certainly fitting decent quality batteries (Duracell) helped. But on the Cateye I gave up.
You were right about the light !! as soon as switch on the led front light it cuts out :LOL:

Back