Disk Tensión Tioga & Sugino

I'm going with this, because a Spanish neighbor of mine has a used Tioga Disk Comp for sale, for a ridiculous price. I'm convinced he doesn't know, but the Tioga is Broken. Cut ropes and cut plastics.

Maybe for someone you don't know, and with money in their pocket, it could be tempting. But that Tioga is useless. and aesthetically it is very complicated to recover (the outer sheet of that model) it is impossible to copy.

It's not worth even 1/3 of what it asks for.
IMG_2611.jpeg IMG_2612.jpeg IMG_2613.jpeg

In the next few weeks I will post photos of the construction of a 32H. I have all the material organized (I need to dye the thread blue) which is a long and dirty process. In the photo you can see the spool of natural Kevlar thread, they are loose threads that I manipulate with waxes and my ball of thread prepared to dye blue.

Preparing the kevlar rope is the longest process. and more boring too.

IMG_2614.jpeg

The adapters to the Hub of the latter came from a completely broken Sugino 28 32h. I bought it myself over 5 years ago to try to get it back. Unfortunately the 28” adapters do not have the same size as the MTB Hub adapters. The PCD.

The PCD is the linear measurement of the spoke holes in the hub. Sugino and Tioga, as far as I know, made 4 different ones.

45PCD in the first Sugino and Tioga rear (36H)
44 PCD in the Sugino 28” Disks
44.5 PCD in the Sugino/Tioga Disk pro 32H
38 PCD in the front Sugino.

On the Tioga Disk 32 that I built with a PCD 44 adapter, I will use a Shimano Dura Ace 7400 HUB. Using an XT or Xtr would mean modifying the Hub and the bolts would never be perfect.
But the Dura Ace Hub can have the Shimano 130 axle changed for a 135 axle. and it would continue to remain in a chain line.

I think this weekend I will have time to assemble the hub and rim and be able to enjoy it on my Classic mtb for only €200 investment.

Latest posts

Back