knocked off my bike, help needed!

Re:

If the cameras show what really happened then plod will have more than just a traffic accident on their hands. Lying gits,attempts to pervert justice, fraud, etc. All the stuff that makes their day worthwhile!

CCTV footage is the way to go as many junctions are littered with these things as just go onto you tube & search for red light jumpers & you'd be amazed at what comes up. Even try a search for your junction as a start also.

Re:

ian raleigh: i think i'll have a serious look into the insurance, as i ride literally everywhere i go i have far too many close calls for my liking. got a camera there too which i haven't even opened yet...

rob mac: i wasn't turning left, i was going straight over the junction and the guy in the car didn't indicate so i assumed he was too, but he actually turned left, hence the collision.

iwasgoodonce: me and a friend went to have a drive over tonight to see if there is any cctv. we got a blowout on the way :/ so that shall be done tomorow.

kenaltobelli: it's not portrack, it's stokesley road in marton, middlesbrough. i am very suspicious of them knowing each other, i just have no way of proving it as of yet...

nob: as above, i'll be checking for cctv tomorow, but great idea to youtube it!

thanks for all the advice guys!

So you were coming up close behind/on the inside of a moving vehicle that turned left, in the same lane, where there is no cycle track? I don't think his lack of indication is 100% of the problem!

If there are no injuries or significant damage I'd be sucking it up and learning not to ride up the inside of moving traffic in future........

mattr":2itf0fvz said:
So you were coming up close behind/on the inside of a moving vehicle that turned left, in the same lane, where there is no cycle track? I don't think his lack of indication is 100% of the problem!

If there are no injuries or significant damage I'd be sucking it up and learning not to ride up the inside of moving traffic in future........

If he was - or did the car simply turn left across him? I'm not sure from the description.

Re:

have read your story but havent read all the following responses... are you trying to claim for compensation? claim off the driver's insurance for damages to your bike? i think maybe im missing something

sean

Re:

Are you a member of a trades union? They have legal people for stuff like that. Else get yourself onto some ambulance-chasers - the CTC can usually recommend a cycle-friendly one in your area. I have a case going through right now when I was taken clean out in February 2013; it takes an ages, because he denied everything without knowing it was witnessed by an off-duty policeman. It was recorded ob CCTV outside my local station, but the plod were so slow it was wiped before they got around to viewing it, the dozy buggers. But yeah, find a solicitor and give them the facts and they'll assess it and give you an idea of what can happen. You'll need to take out a policy with them (at least I did) which means they claim of the other party's insurance so you aren't liable. They will make far more out of it than you will get in loss of earnings etc (my lot were up to £11,000 at last count, f****g unbelievable I know) but the tool who hit me denied everything and tried to say I jumped off the kerb into him, so I thought 'sod you' and decided to nail him for as much as I could get. The pic below, taken by a paramedic, shows why.

Attachments

• feb 046.JPG
    feb 046.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 141
Back