I'm getting a bit fed up with this.

There are so few bits left out there that I 'need' but many that I want... Or that I would like

I build bicycles to be ridden, not to be looked at. They get rotated around the garage, favourites come and go, some get laid up for a while.

Bbbbuuttttttt t t t t the the th th th the zas zas zas z z z z zaskar is getting too gnarly in its old age

It's 30 this year, I'm 50....
Just wait till you get to 65 , you'll need to lean on the garage door to get it closed .

Any one know why we do this ?
You can only ride one at a time .

What I reconed after all these years: Buying from Asia for example is SO much easier and SO much less hassle and annoying and time consuming then buying literally anything from the United States. From Asia, its usually super cheap (in shipping) and super fast!

One flaw though is, that asians usually are completely bonkers and bananas about the asking prices! Completely out of their minds.

No matter if its musical instruments and parts or retro bike parts - or other stuff!

Shipping from the US (to the European Union) is the worst! ...the worst (!!!) Shame ...shame ...shame!

That’s also the part that annoys me the most when preparing a build but also I am pretty impatient by nature.

I learnt to focus on the process though and take the time it takes to complete a build.

Like it was said above, we can only ride one bike at a time.

That’s the other reason I set a cap at 4 bikes at any one time. That’s it… this way you end up looking for less difficult parts.

Back