I'm getting a bit fed up with this.

synchronicity

Senior Retro Guru
Just the whole process of sourcing hard to find parts...
The sheer difficulty of being fussy and things not being easy (or fast, or cheap) to get.
I think it's finally beginning to get to me.
I'm just a bit over it to be honest.

Not the bike parts, not the searching for them bit either, or even the waiting part, just the hassle of actually getting them sent.

Anyone else feel a bit like this?

Luckily all my builds are almost complete. And then they'll just stagnate for like 15 or 20 years (which is good).

And just to be clear, no I'm not referring to anyone on the forum.😊

searching is the way of life. even though it does get tedious that only amplifies the excitement of finally getting said item.

"if we do not search, we do not live" - Me

I stopped collecting or building exotic stuff when the prices went daft, maybe 7 to 8 years ago? I had a lovely first edition GT RTS-1 frame but realised I'd never commit the funds to build it properly. In a similar fashion I've given up on owning a decent Yo Eddy.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the hunt.
Maybe it's a cumulative weariness?
No it's not that.

It's a certain Dutch mail forwarder.
They're completely incompetent at customer service and yet at the same thoroughly competent and adept at price-gouging.
It was them that did it. Now I'll look at my special Riesel design headset top cap and remember the horrible interactions with them (if I ever get it that is).

Oh and on another note, I admire that some of you have the patience to hunt for elusive parts. I know some have looked for the same bit for upwards of a decade. That sort of absurdity would drive me nuts. But I guess it shows how differently we all approach this bike malarkey. If something is proving very difficult to source I go for the second best option or give up entirely. Or try to bodge my way through it.

There are so few bits left out there that I 'need' but many that I want... Or that I would like

I build bicycles to be ridden, not to be looked at. They get rotated around the garage, favourites come and go, some get laid up for a while.

Bbbbuuttttttt t t t t the the th th th the zas zas zas z z z z zaskar is getting too gnarly in its old age

It's 30 this year, I'm 50....

Back