I'm not a racist.....honest!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand people won't post outside the UK, being new here I do recognize it's a "European" or maybe even global site were people gather.
I was looking for a forum part to give some feedback, I know all items must have a prize.
But for better clarity I myself also post my location from where it is posted, I'd love to see people do the same because extra taxes and customs cost can run up the price for at least 15 euro and most likely add 21% tax.

So the not posting outside the UK doesn't bother me, but I would like to know where others are posting from.
I see a few nice bits for a nice price come by, and having to ask for location you most of the time fail to call dibs on said item, I don't want to call dibs and then not buy because it's outside the EU.
Knife cuts both ways I recon.

Its just interested to see how people view things. How something pretty innocent can be taken the wrong way.

Oh I thought you were talking about yesterday's bike thief thread.
That has since been censored.🙄
[in which I myself was labelled a racist, bigoted troll. What did I do to deserve that I wonder?🤔]

People are too quick to call the race card today in my humble opinion. ☝️

In any case, now that it has become more prevalent, and people are behaving more and more like wasps,
I believe there should be different 'levels' of racism. R1 up to maybe R9, as follows:

R1 being merely mentioning a particular race. Not necessarily racist per se.
R5 would be "I refuse to sell anything to xyz race". Really and truly racist, yeah, but it could be worse.
R9 is full on neo-nazi, ready to exterminate.

"You sir are exhibiting R2 level distancist exlusionary racism"😂

Geographist? Insular? Perhaps.

Without being able to view the posts who knows.

Just stumbled across this via the suggestion thread.

I’m another who will only post and buy from the UK. The added headache since Brexit takes any enjoyment out of it. Nothing to do with race but once that parcel has left the UK it’s next to impossible to track it properly and hold anyone accountable should it go missing.

This is exactly the same for us posting items to family in Spain. We just don’t do it now.

I spend my life importing goods from Europe and it’s a ball ache and costly. Cheers to Brexit.

Oh I thought you were talking about yesterday's bike thief thread.
That has since been censored.🙄
[in which I myself was labelled a racist, bigoted troll. What did I do to deserve that I wonder?🤔]

People are too quick to call the race card today in my humble opinion. ☝️

In any case, now that it has become more prevalent, and people are behaving more and more like wasps,
I believe there should be different 'levels' of racism. R1 up to maybe R9, as follows:

R1 being merely mentioning a particular race. Not necessarily racist per se.
R5 would be "I refuse to sell anything to xyz race". Really and truly racist, yeah, but it could be worse.
R9 is full on neo-nazi, ready to exterminate.

"You sir are exhibiting R2 level distancist exlusionary racism"😂
People are too quick to call the race card I totally agree. But yesterdays comments from you totally deserved it. Massive assumptions with no grounds which you twisted to fit a race agenda.

How would you like to labelled something you aren’t based upon zero facts and a stereotype which 99% of the time isn’t true?

my 2p worth.

previous to brexit i was happy to post to mainland europe, and not much more, again that was for hassle reasons to with stuff getting lost ands costs etc, it was pretty straightforward and not much more cost wise to post within europe, it is now an issue, it is more expensive, some countries then add an import tax to the buyer, it does suck. my recent listing said, uk postage included, elsewhere extra cost and the import taxes are your problem.

what i will add is a little story from my local post office, those who are on my facebook will know this one (my monday morning rants apparently are looked forward to by many) anyway, i'm in the queue at the PO, not long after brexshit, guy in front gets to the counter and starts complaining that a parcel he sent to belgium got there but the person had to pay import tax, the girl behind the counter (who like me has a general disdain for the public) calmly said "i'm sorry, since brexit that now happens, we can't do anything about it because those charges are applied by those countries, not us" and this stupid knuckle dragging vegetable of a man said "that's not what i voted for", yes we know, you were one of those idiots that said in a part neanderthal grunt "we want our sovereignty back!", he left the PO pissed off and got back in to his french car while wearing a Lecoqsportif polo shirt which if correct me if i'm wrong is also french and i bet he goes on holiday with a cheap collect the tokens The Sun sponsored costa del sol weeks getaway. what a complete donkey!

i don't think it makes us as a country look racist, and i think a lot of people understand that it is now more expensive because of brexit, i think the issue is actually it makes people in other countries not want to buy from the UK, and not just on retrobike, i was talking to the lady that owns "recycle and bicycle", they make loads of bike related stuff out of old bike parts, i supply them old bits, she said overnight their sales dropped about 75% when brexit happened because they used to sell loads of stuff to germany, and that pretty much stopped overnight on that fateful day january 1st 2021.

thanks nigel and boris.

The costs sometimes put me off, especially for large items such as frames etc. Reminds me I've some forks to sort haha

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back