Hows it going ?

perry

Retrobike Rider
Long time no see :LOL:

What has everyone been doing for the past 7 or so months then ?

I've popped in a few times but nothing substantial . The long and short of it comes down to over christmas me and the girlfriend were in the process of buying a house while our relationship was on thin ground . she decided the day before we were to sign that she no longer wanted to be with me . hefty kick in the balls that was , we were together 4 years ( checking my phone a month or two later it turned out it was the exact date we had met 4 years previously , spooky and definitely a downer to realise )

It was the right move to make though , much better for it all round . She did take the internet with her though :LOL:

I had to rapidly find somewhere to live . lucked out nicely and got an ideal place a 10 mile pedal from work , proper laughing as I don't need a car , good thing too as it's still broke .

So that's basically it , moved and lack broadband . still don't have broadband at home , thought about it ( like a crack head thinks about smack ) but £30 a month is quite hefty for a crap connection on a bicycle mechanics wage . I'm on now as after 4 years of not being able to make outgoing calls on my phone I bought a new one , makes calls , texts , photos and all that kinda jazz . Android OS so I have put a nes emulator on it :cool: angry birds can get bent , it's all about the excite bike :LOL:

Erm , oh yeah , mobile internet through a phone on my netbook . Like dial up used to be , remember when you would click a link and half hour later it would load and then you decide that page wasn't what you wanted anyway :( it's liveable I guess , or so long as it remains free .

Minds gone blank , oh yeah bikes :LOL: I live on the opposite side of Rutland water to where I work so I get to ride on ever so slight offroad everyday . Don't like carrying a bag so wanted a bike that was cheap , hassle free , didn't matter if it got stolen and had a pannier bag . When kona makes a green bike called smoke you buy it :LOL:

78.jpg

Changed most of the parts as soon as I got it . In fact I stripped it straight out the box . It did have middleburn rs7 for a while before I decided to put them on the trailstar and on went the lx . Single surly 36 ring . re issue flite . avid levers . v8 pedals . Brakes went on the explosif and these gained the m600 . Lezyne rack , cheap bag . front mech keeps the chain in place . I did make a nice thumbie out of a shit one and a nice 8 speed downtube shifter that could switch between index and friction but it was iffy and broke :( It currently has a LH suntour , I have the right one but this one was to hand and I needed to get home . Yes that is a xtr rear mech , it's technically cracked and the cage was bent , straightened it out and I've had no problems with it running friction . It's done something like 1600 miles since I got it in march and baring any sudden costs I estimate it'll have cost something like 4p a mile in a year . What sucks is I go through a chain every 4 or 5 weeks .

80-1.jpg

Here's a couple of the ride to work , there would be more but photobucket is a dickhead and a ball ache to get to do anything with such a slow connection :x

4.jpg

5.jpg

Good to see you back Perry :cool:

Didn't realise it'd been so long.

I've been busy in the shop and busy buying bikes dunno if you've seen the latest project, the Marin Team Ti in my sig, not to everyone's tastes, but I love it

Glad things are working out for you after being kicked in the balls by the ex, sounds like you've landed on your feet running with your new location, shame about the slow internet connection though

Nice commute to work :)

So you gonna Rasta the Smoke then ;) (I'll be here all week, try the Veal...)

Nice . I knew this would be the easiest way of seeing what bikes the people I know currently have , text loads fine but photos load like it's the dark ages :LOL: Doesn't matter what other people think . Everyone still thinks my explosif is a jump bike :LOL:

The smoke is already a very subtle rasta . The frame is green with yellow highlights on the stickers and I added a red bottle cage even though I never carry a bottle and the pedals I had spare were red too . @Grips are green , under the filth .

The flys are getting to me , hence the glasses hanging from the bars but I only have to go on a couple country roads , the rest is all track . There's even a pub :D

Welcome back!

I have many fond memories of Rutland water from when I used to live in Loughborough and we regularly used to ride out there with the motorbike club, say hi to the place for me.

Hmmm, the last seven months....

Moved house, got a mortgage, had a little boy, have racked up about 15 miles riding in total, skint but happy.....apart from the riding bit!!!

Good to have you back Perry!

P.s. It's probably worth getting something like 3g watchdog for your phone, you don't want to go over your bandwidth unless you're rich....

:shock: That's quite a bit .

I was really worried about usage to begin with so have been very careful but lately I have thrown caution to the wind . It's pay as you go and I get "free internet " as long as I put on at least a tenner a month . It's been fine so far ( looks over shoulder ) I figure if it goes tits up I can just lose the sim card :LOL:

Nothing ties me to it that I can think of other than the address when I ordered it ( make mental note to use false name and use shop address for next sim )

I'm hoping they are going with the idea that you can't do anything stupid with a slow mobile connection anyway . it takes about 5mins to upload a 1mb photo to photobucket and that's if it doesn't lose the connection and has to start over .

Well that's just made it interesting . I was going to bail when I realized It would be a total dive disco with a load of work guys and girls . Really wasn't feeling it until just a moment ago . I have visions of it being work talk and if the subject of stock comes up :LOL:

The last work related thing was a giggle from what I remember , Jacks leaving night , at the grainstore where we kinda ruined that birthday party :LOL:

Oh and I don't suppose you have some point one racing pedals over at grafham do you ?

Back