Saracen Killi Race Elite 1992 - Light resto

jujupunk

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
IMG_20240402_214239_MP.jpg

I picked up this Saracen a year ago and haven't done much with it. My plan is to turn this into a retro bike packing rig. It can take a rack and I can get a decent-sized frame bag custom-made. I've always wanted an e stay bike, never riden one, so I hope I like it.

It hadn't been ridden much in its past life, but at some point the previous owner had swapped out the brake levers and thumb shifters for some crappy Shimano brifters that didn't work right with the cantis.

IMG_20240402_214359_MP.jpg

So it collected dust until I decided what to do with it. I eventually pulled my finger out and found some DX parts to replace the Altus groupset.

IMG_20240402_220554_MP.jpg

So far I have got as far as stripping it (can't find my crank puller yet, so the chainset remains for now), cleaning the DX parts and dry fitting them without any cables, just so I can stand and stare for longer. I would like to replace the zoom stem with a Ritchey stem, preferably a Force lite stem but I'll see what I can find. I don't really want to spend too much on this.

IMG_20240403_215331_MP.jpg

Wheel bearings need changing too, which is making me think I'd like new wheels. Best check the for sale section.

Back