How big is your workshop?

Workshops dont need to be big......provided you also have storage. I have reasonably small workshop......but its just that. No bikes, no diy stuff, no timber ( god forbid mixing grease and sawdust) no spare loo rools, garden equipment, toys, old aquariums etc.

Raidan that must be much like my current situation - I have to move a thousand things to find a specific item. Any job takes four times as long because of all the juggling. That's in the workshop - it was fine, but then with three more bikes it suddenly isn't. The barn has no power and no external light, so it's great for storage, but with so much arboreal kit we're getting squeezed there too...grrrr
Exactly that Tim. Everything is in the way of everything else!

Workshops dont need to be big......provided you also have storage. I have reasonably small workshop......but its just that. No bikes, no diy stuff, no timber ( god forbid mixing grease and sawdust) no spare loo rools, garden equipment, toys, old aquariums etc.
This.

My space seems to double as a catch-all for anything in the house that is deemed blokey: shoe boxes, camping stuff, wine, fishing gear, stuff to do with shoes, cans of stuff that spray on things, glues, old electronic devices that don’t work but must have some value, dog paraphernalia, rarely-used kitchen utensils like bamboo steamers or paella pans, mousetraps, brass light fittings, brass hose fittings (anything brass), sticks.

All of this I can handle. But why is my handlebar shelf also the go-to place for wrapping paper?

One day I'd love to have a garage/workshop. For now, it's a 10ft x 9ft storage unit which is an adequate size for my needs.

storage.jpg

Last edited:
I use the outdoor lav, just have to remember to flush first 😄
Maybe 8x4ft, so bikes hang up from the roof leaving just enough room to work on a bike or use the turbo trainer in winter.

Mine is a standard garage, built in as part of the house. I've worktops all round in a U-shape and many many tools. There were three bikes on the ceiling and my eMTB sits on a work stand. I move it to the shed if I need space for woodworking, but mostly I can do things with it in there.
Many many tools and toolboxes in there too. IMG_7165.JPG

Back