GT ZASKAR | 1998 | 16” | BALL BURNISHED

Pleased to pick up a final piece of blue bling for the build. Feel lucky to have picked up these Hyperlite bars in blue. Haven't seen many come up in this colour way.

Just waiting for cable housing to arrive and should be able to get everything built up!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-01-18 at 11.47.33.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-18 at 11.47.33.png
    143.4 KB · Views: 7
Cables for me would be XTR or at least grey. As you don’t want to take away from the rest of the build.

And maybe a dart too but that’s a combo (double smoke ) that people used to run.

Looks awesome. Nice to see a ball burnished frame that's had a hard life polished up and restored. Gives me hope for me doing my old Pahoehoe at some point.
You've a lot going on there but I think you've pulled off the overall very well.

which now begs the question … what’s the next build?
That is a question!

If I can persuade my better half it's a good idea for me to use up more space with bikes .... and that's a big if, I'd probably be looking for something with personal nostalgic value for me again so ideally one of the following:

Kona Explosif w. P2s - Later 90s Columbus Max or 853?
Raleigh Torus XT Titanium with the lovely triple crown rigid forks
Cannondale M800 BOTE 96-98 - I have a pair of P-Bone forks ready to go for this if the right frame came up.

All bikes I loved BITD but never had the budget for. And all bikes I'd be happy to build, ride and enjoy still.

Looks awesome. Nice to see a ball burnished frame that's had a hard life polished up and restored. Gives me hope for me doing my old Pahoehoe at some point.
You've a lot going on there but I think you've pulled off the overall very well.
Definitely a lot of elbow grease needed on the frame. but it was so satisfying! Hope you do manage to get to your Pahoehoe, would love to see the pics if you do.

Back