2manyoranges

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Over the decades I have used:

- spare room 8x12
- what should have been a dining room 14x12
- nothing ... argh ...space in the hall
- workshop 16x14 but which then got a huge pellet boiler in it - but also small barn in which to store stuff, but too dark and inclement for a proper workshop)

I am now thinking of building a new one in the garden, in which we are very fortunate enough to have flat space. But...what size? I know a lot of people use single/double garages....

And I can use the barn and existing workshop for storage of bikes, so there would only ever be one bike in it....

All advice welcome....

Re:

I can get 6 cars in mine. Well I can’t as it full of bikes and I don’t own 6 cars but you get the idea

Re:

Just built a 5x3m 'shed'. More of a summer house in look. Replacing a much larger garage so downsizing. Will need to downsize my collection of bikes and spares but long overdue. Hopefully it will be a nice, usable workshop space though will now have to share with garden stuff.

18' X 12' with reasonable loft space as it has a pitched roof. Working area about 10' X 6' leaving room for bike storage & free floor space

A nice ‘bunker’ shed big enough for 3 bikes and me. So perfect

Really useful - looks like the 4m by 5m I am planning will fit the bill - workbench at each end, well insulated with a wood burner....

4mx3m currently.
Biggest workshop i've had since the last time i worked in a shop.......

Oh, i have a 50sqm double garage that i could use, but that's got car stuff, building stuff and garden stuff in it

Back