How big is your workshop?

The last workshop i was in, admittedly it was someone else's was a whopping 5000 square ft. Thats the size I need :LOL:
It had different sections all stud partitioned off from one another :cool: Areas of large pro machinery, a separate room about 200sq/ft for finishing, another for stained glass work.

The only thing it didnt have was a toilet and running water.

I'm hoping that once the pandemic calms down theres going to be more spaces available and I might be able to get something better suited to furniture making or possibly even boat building(really want to build a boat) I could probably stretch to £200/month and currently you can get a cupboard for that.

A small cupboard :LOL:
Problem many like myself have is its effectively a hobby room, and premium work-spaces are usually for people earning a crust and can afford to pay the rent off the jobs they do.

dyna-ti":15gb5yuh said:
Problem many like myself have is its effectively a hobby room,
I have a hobby room as well....... electronics, RC cars, and soon a gaming PC will be completed.....

*actually, you don't need to see my workshop, I just tinker with bicycles and ride them when the weather is nice.

I don't need to go dick swinging on how many bikes or how far I can ride.

Re:

Standard single garage at home but rented six vehicle workshop I've had 10+ years & another single garage in town, which are great for stashing anything when the home garage is overflowing :LOL:
Planning to sell up a lot of the cars & parts this year so will probably move most things to the big one & spend a bit on some tooling.

Latest - and very needed addition to my workshop; a ‘pigeon hole’ cabinet to house and organise all my spares!
I’ll be constructing 32wooden drawers and getting it in to place at the weekend hopefully, though it’s a bit more substantial than I’d anticipated :oops: so is going to take some wrestling! 8D454B88-73EA-4C3C-B2BD-6C7E182C7F70.jpeg
It’ll be laying on it’s side - and if I’ve measured correctly, will slot neatly under my work bench... AE0A7033-AFE0-4469-84F9-713591D27691.jpeg

12'x8' shed, which is nowhere near big enough!

woah once a hero that's a nice bit of kit - well rescued.....
Cheers Tim.
I've been looking for something like it for ages, it's been my main focus of every salvage fair we've attended over the last few years! But most things are either too big, too small, too far away, or too expensive - and in most cases all of those!
This isn't perfect in that all the drawers will be same size so I may not be able to fit things like bars in, but in actual fact I'll have more drawers than I can think of categories for! I had thought about cutting out some of the sections to make larger drawer apertures - but then I realised the limitations of my own abilities will prevent that :LOL: Anyway it was on ebay for a reasonable sum and before I went to make an offer, the seller contacted me with an offer that was less than I was going to propose, and was offering delivery for a fair price too :cool:

Back