Creating a workshop for bike builds

Re:

I thunk I may have found a tool chest. Before I fill the space, I need to paint. Any recommendations on a good floor paint? It will be going on wooden floor (osb) and ideally I'd like a smooth and easy to sweep clean result.

You can buy specific floor paint, and there is I think the non slip option, which you could achieve in normal floor paint by lightly sprinkling sand onto it while wet.

But solid floors present their own problems, one is cold, the other usually a breakage from falling onto a hard/ish surface.
You can address both with interlocking floormats. Used diy and industrially, they are very comfy under foot, cushioned so anything dropped isnt damaged, and are in panels which should one be stained, or damaged, or you think you want to air the floor they can be easily removed.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Garage-Interlo ... B01BGWE4WK

There are other types too, some more foam like, most though are a cushioned rubber. Good stuff, and remember in winter the real cold comes up from the ground, and a small air gap and 18mm ply isn't really that insulating. Offcuts of carpets and old rugs just get damp and stay damp.

Re:

Thanks for the tip. More than wanted to spend on floor covering but might be the way yo go.

Re: Re:

ishaw":28z58z3o said:
Thanks for the tip. More than wanted to spend on floor covering but might be the way yo go.

If those flooring mats are maybe the way you want to go,then I possibly have a cheap option for you. I know someone who just put down loads of these for under a trampoline. Well, they have now decided they don't like the look!

I'll ask if he would get rid cheap.

Back