Hands up who wants a san andreas!!!!

gibbleking":37yqo7ay said:
is it because secretly your lust for green tyres is blinding you to the truth...hehe :cool:
:LOL: :LOL:

Defiant":37yqo7ay said:
and that Sonoma crosstrac,..it that from the same company :?:
never knew that,..a biking mate had one bitd,..looked impressive
Not the same company, but certainly separated at birth.
orange71":37yqo7ay said:
Crosstrac Sonoma AND.... the Parkpre Pro Octane?

Upper shock location is totally different. The Parkpre is more Proflex than San Andreas.

Defiant":37yqo7ay said:
I have found this:

http://www.mtbr.com/cat/bikes/allmtn-fu ... 47crx.aspx

8lbs,..frame/demper only,.. :shock:

and what about Foes Fab then guys? any good?

I find it hard to believe that the MC is that heavy. maybe 7lbs and change for the large frame and shock.

The Foes stuff is pretty rediculous...travel for travel's sake, nothing more. They weigh a ton too. The Kuster shock option is a pig.

you tell em mate....... go on :cool: ps just had aq lovely ride in the nice early summer weather...no clouds,,,,warm clear blue skies ......and 40 mph gustig soddink frikkin winds to remove ya lungs with..i hurt now. :shock:

Original San Andreas

I have to agree with previous sentiments that the best San Ans are the original do it all trail bike/XC. Heres my example, Orig XC Pro MD, Prostops Etc. Someone went wild with the puple and blue which I have actually taken a lot off (ringle cage, blue stem, purple post etc)
Has original wheelsmith built wheels on Pulstar hubs.
Looks to me like it has done about 100 miles tops.
Sticker kit on the way but still chasing some for the suspenders and something to replace the elastomers.
I have the original elastomer shock too which is mint and working but I thought I might try something plusher (haven't ridden it yet)
Do you think the Late Jake Watson would approve???

Attachments

• san an 003e.jpg
    san an 003e.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 941
love those forks more than my pace rc37s...ps if you have a spare set of stickers........creep creep.....dirt rodz bar ends btw? :D

Re: Original San Andreas

sworksm2":ckylww7q said:
I have to agree with previous sentiments that the best San Ans are the original do it all trail bike/XC. Heres my example, Orig XC Pro MD, Prostops Etc. Someone went wild with the puple and blue which I have actually taken a lot off (ringle cage, blue stem, purple post etc)
Has original wheelsmith built wheels on Pulstar hubs.
Looks to me like it has done about 100 miles tops.
Sticker kit on the way but still chasing some for the suspenders and something to replace the elastomers.
I have the original elastomer shock too which is mint and working but I thought I might try something plusher (haven't ridden it yet)
Do you think the Late Jake Watson would approve???

Nice, and old enough to have the tube framed seat mast structure too, and not the later hydroformed thing. I like it. Stickers will be icing on the cake! :cool:

Earthquake Jake is pleased I'm sure. :cool:

San Andreas

Actually the bar ends are control tech (but I thight they made the original dirt rodz too) they are and addition I made to try and balance the colours a bit. The hubs are blue with purple brake adaptors. Talk about float in the rotors, with the wheel out of the caliper theres like a half inch of float!!!
Someone must have taken the hubs, seat mast and stem (the control tech that I took off) and had them annodised after market because they are all exactly ths same colour and its a slightly lighter/dirtier blue than I have ever seen on factory parts.
I'm thinking it maybe should have XC pro caged pedals too (I put my 737 Spds on), What do you guys think?

Back