Paypal f&f, Bank transfers & a seller unknown to you.

just jacques

Retro Guru
Just wondering if I'm being overly cautious, so I'm curious as to what level of trust do you have in the online community regarding buying & selling.

Scenario is you see something on let's say here, its over £100 & the seller (unknown to you) wants payment by PayPal F&F or Bank transfer.

Would you.
A. Happily pay it by F&F.
B. Happily pay it by Bank transfer.
C. Pay for it as a purchase for goods whilst picking up the tab for the fees.
D. Not bother with it.

Same. C or D. Unless I really know the person or I’m there in person making payment.

Usually sellers ask for f+f to avoid fees, also as a level of protection against scams. Some are happy to take other payments if the buyer covers the fees though.

Have a chat with them, get to know them, use the feedback thread and common sense and you should be fine.

Usually sellers ask for f+f to avoid fees, also as a level of protection against scams. Some are happy to take other payments if the buyer covers the fees though.

Have a chat with them, get to know them, use the feedback thread and common sense and you should be fine.
Been burned a couple of times here. Once by someone I'd got to know and communicated with regularly, buying and selling with several times. Turned into a nightmare. If I'd paid the fees could have saved myself 7 months of grief. Never again.

Been burned a couple of times here. Once by someone I'd got to know and communicated with regularly, buying and selling with several times. Turned into a nightmare. If I'd have paid the fees could have saved myself 7 months of grief. Never again.

Unfortunately there are always going to be those that take advantage, both sellers and buyers.

Back