Hands up who wants a san andreas!!!!

daj":3t9j66cy said:
First time round it was bit of a dream bike, Have to admit now looking at them .... Think they are damn ugly :oops: :oops:

I think it's easy to get the build wrong, this one is stunning:

maiden_voyage_622.jpg

Agree that one does look good, loving the front rotor :D

is the wheel base length adjustable on them? Gibble`s looks much shorter and upright than the other one? :?

the shock mounts can move forward and backwards as well as the seat frame pivoting forwards as well......ill measure the wheelbase if ya like to compare :D

just measured the sucka and it comes out at 41 and a half inches uncompressed with the shock mount moved allthe way forward...dont know what the steerer angle is tho.....

When a long rear shock is fitted or indeed the standard shock is moved down the adjustment holes on the frame the steering angle is steepened, shortening the wheelbase.

I think it's easy to overdo a build on a Sandy. The frame itself is enough to look at, it's unique.
The one's that are built with long travel rear shocks and long forks look too high up for me. The stand over height must be huge. Are the riders giants?
I was inspired by this one that was for sale on ebay US a couple of years ago....not by the seat though......
b9e5_1.jpg

.. So I had a go myself and built one using as much black as possible...
sandy003.jpg

i'd like one.... always fancied one

i'd build it up 97-98ish, early bomber z1's etc

Twosted's is the way I would go if I ever had one to build up (provided I couldnt get a matching pair of suspenders to go with it that is!)

i like the all black one...would love discs on mine but aint got the dough...gonna use mags instead....the standover is quite low if you look where the main frame and the seat frame meet... :shock: did i mention they feel very stable against other bikes...

Twosted":x0wkwf8o said:
The one's that are built with long travel rear shocks and long forks look too high up for me. The stand over height must be huge. Are the riders giants?

This is the very problem i had with mine, the bike seemed huge (i'm 5'8" with a 30" leg) and with the big forks, tyres and rims would have weighed a ton.

Here it is in mock up stage (as far as i got with it really :cry:), like i said spectacular thing but just too downhill specific, if i could do it again i would have done it different.

sananside.jpg

Yours look's superb :cool:

sandy003.jpg

Back