Hands up who wants a san andreas!!!!

Thanks mate. :cool: Wanted it to look like a factory build. It's all XT with matching Thomsons and floating Hope M4's.
The forks are set at 100mm travel. Am going to reset them to 80mm to lower the front. Then move the rear shock down a few notches and tilt the seat subframe back to make it look longer.
Yours looks verry tall. I was comparing the height of the chainset to the ground. You'd have to stop near a curb every time to get off! ;) Would have been quite trick built up. What other components were going onto it?

get im lads....hahahr.....(my best pirate impression) :shock:

they ride better than konas ...so there !!!!(that should start a grump or two) :LOL:

Twosted":3pvaud9d said:
Yours looks verry tall. I was comparing the height of the chainset to the ground. You'd have to stop near a curb every time to get off! ;) Would have been quite trick built up. What other components were going onto it?

Dont know about a kerb, i was looking for a pair of Elton John style platform boots :LOL:

Yeah, BB is high but i think it's quite high on all San An's, thinking back then was ground clearance but BB heights have got lower since then for better stability on fast singletrack, yours has the trailing arm pointing slightly up in relation to the main section where as mines was straight due to the longer shock, look's very slight but is probably a difference of three inches or so in height, could have fitted a shorter shock but couldn't invest the money after buying the forks :roll:, rest of the build would have been fairly simple, just XT/XTR mix.

And to the comment about the £99 Argos bike, are you honestly saying a San An looks like and compares to this, would you expect them to ride the same ?.

pulse.jpg

jimihendrix":2pn5tn16 said:
Twosted":2pn5tn16 said:

Dont know about a kerb, i was looking for a pair of Elton John style platform boots :LOL:

Yeah, BB is high but i think it's quite high on all San An's, thinking back then was ground clearance but BB heights have got lower since then for better stability on fast singletrack, yours has the trailing arm pointing slightly up in relation to the main section where as mines was straight due to the longer shock, could have fitted a shorter shock but couldn't invest the money after buying the forks :roll:, rest of the build would have been fairly simple, just XT/XTR mix.

And to the comment about the £99 Argos bike, are you honestly saying a San An looks like and compares to this, would you expect them to ride the same ?.

pulse.jpg

Thats $49 actually.

legrandefromage":2iovjwi5 said:
jimihendrix":2iovjwi5 said:
Twosted":2iovjwi5 said:

Yeah, BB is high but i think it's quite high on all San An's, thinking back then was ground clearance but BB heights have got lower since then for better stability on fast singletrack, yours has the trailing arm pointing slightly up in relation to the main section where as mines was straight due to the longer shock, could have fitted a shorter shock but couldn't invest the money after buying the forks :roll:, rest of the build would have been fairly simple, just XT/XTR mix.

pulse.jpg

Thats $49 actually.

Errmm, shouldn't that be 49lbs? :shock: :D :LOL: .........Got to admit it does look similar! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Back