GT Avalanche 1998 Frame with New Build

Re:

Hey Seb, that sounds really cool- please put up pics!
I recall that it had X221s, with Shimano STX-RC rear hub and some GT branded front hub.

Hope to hear about how you like it back on the dirt.

PS upload attachment section is the section just below the part where you enter and exit text in a reply to a post - try clicking "Reply to Post" rather than the quick reply box already on the page.

Re:

Yeah thanks. Only lets me attach a file of 512kb which is tiny! I can't even save a pic down to under that, I must be doing something wrong?!

Yeah hubs wise that sounds the same as what I had, good wheels they were, would like to find some more mavic's.

Looks bang on original except for pedals and wheels from what I can see. Although I have a black seatpost. Those Kore stems and bars are very light too from what I recall.
Does the fork still operate well?

Re:

The Kore stems weren't exactly highly regarded at the time but never given me any problems, many people have said to change them over the years but never got round to it and I like the riding position anyway. I bought the forks a couple of years back, rebuilt and recon'd and they're absolutely mint, excellent forks actually, still got the rigid's too. Most of it's life it's been hammered round London but live nearer the countryside now so needed suspension. I'm looking for some replacement Mavic's now and a few other bits and I'll strip it and rebuild soon. :D

Nice, keep me posted on the rebuild.
I have found that my 20" frame I have is actually a not long enough for me now given that I've got a 70mm stem on it, so I've had to wack the seat back as far as it goes - just shows that they were designed for long stems I think.

Yeah will do. That's interesting actually as I've seen people complaining about these frames not being measured correctly but was obviously due to the build requiring a long stem. I've got an old 24" bmx that I have that problem with and had to have a layback on it but it's never really worked!

Back