Giving up smoking

Chopper1192":2qdn7dfi said:
Fantasy? I'll tell the CI that next time I'm on a drug squad briefing. And your authorities source is...?

Let's see... the three coppers i live with? oh and a dose of common sense.

If cannabis can be grown under lamps in britain then it's going to be grown by british people, it will be stronger than the varieties you can grow in a field in afghanistan.

Heroin retails at a far higher price than cannabis making it worthwhile to import it, cannabis on the other hand can be grown in britain so why bother?

The whole it's funding terrorism thing is like the internet piracy funding terrorism argument, of course your CI says it because someone above
him has told him to say it. Doesn't make it true.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/aug/22/cannabis-factories-narcotics-europe

We're producing so much of the stuff that it's getting exported to mainland europe for gods sake.

Edit : http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/aug/17/drugs-trade-drugs

"Acpo says that until now cannabis cultivation has been regarded as a "south-east Asian" crime, but the report highlights a growing involvement of white British people in association with Vietnamese and Chinese crime gangs."

Perhaps I should have kept my views to myself, after all this isn't about our personal beliefs regarding drug policy or mental health issues. It grinds my gears when people make false claims about things they clearly have preconceived notions about.

So what's say we leave our personal opinions about what's right and wrong, and just keep this thread about being supportive of Dyna-Ti.

How are you doing anyway, Dyna?

dyna-ti":e3nelxcw said:
Thanks for the words of support :cool: But i can assure you that im not looking for praise only a heads up to others less experienced.Im pointing out that for many many years ive been toking and if i can give it up and start looking towards a healthier lifestyle then you can too ;)

Chopper/pies :cool:
I dont really want to start an argument.I have immense respect for our services :cool: :cool: :cool: so dont want to appear to be putting anyone down over their own personal experience.
I agree more with chopper but can see you arent praising weed as a lifestyle
Crumbs,didnt think this would receive so much attention but in a way im glad it did.Shame im so pants at putting words down :oops:

Rusty :shock: :shock: Ciggies too .I think i need something but rest assured i will be taking that bull by the horns in the future.One job at a time

SAVINGS- This might shock some. About a £100 per week.
And thank god i did,Do you know how much a brand new risse racing shock is going to cost me to get one sent over from the states? :shock: .Looks like that project is going to be finished sooner rather than later.

Think of it as having to visit lifes dentist once, or twice. ;)

That old tooth needs to be pulled. You can do it quickly, or ask the dentist to take his time, as you enjoy the pain.

I gave up smoking weed a few years back and can quite happily say after the sleepless nights and weird dreams have subsided, the clarity you will find is really brilliantly fulfilling. I continually amazed myself with how much more I could achieve or be capable of, getting up in the morning was suddenly a whole load easier, I could remember stuff, the list goes on!

It was incredible how much I convinced myself weed was a crutch for life where really it was holding me back. The key thing to my successful ditching of the weed was the support of my wife, and also how much support there is out there to be had from various agencies, like your doctor for example.

I used valerian root/5 htp herbal sleeping tablets, which helped a great deal getting me back into a regular, natural sleep pattern. The dreams you are having are probably your brain bouncing back into life - I can't remember having a single dream when I went to sleep stoned.

Good luck buddy, you'll be amazed how much better you'll feel and your lung capacity for riding will go through the roof! Keep at it, it's worth it in the end!

But if you want the 'interesting' dreams to return, try Champix for quitting smoking. Failing that drinking red wine with a sprig of wormwood in it has the same effect, oh yeah and clary sage oil on the pillow at night after having had a beer.

But for the sleeping quality thing, I still use melatonin, especially so as we age our bodies produce less of it naturally so sleeping becomes a problem.

But one thing I have noticed since quitting smoke inhalation, is the assault on the olfactory organs is wonderful, and even our crappy polluted air feels like the air of Sweden, I have even gone back to burning incense and dabbling with aromatherapy, now I can smell the stuff properly once again, and have some sandalwood, patchouli, rose and vetiver oils still around from when before I started smoking 13 years ago so they are well matured now, just wonderful.

Seemed to have gone off drinking coffee though, am down to two cups a day as opposed to my once usual eight to ten cups oh and now cannot stand milk in coffee all of which is odd.

1duck":2dn0w0hw said:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-18283689

Some more motivation for you there! keep at it!

Cheers :shock:
After 20yrs thats the last thing i want to read.Im depressed enough about my health as it is :LOL: :LOL:
Im also more likely to believe medical reports that come out of the Netherlands ;) Our Gov wont even entertain research towards it being used medically :roll:

cyfa2809":2dn0w0hw said:
But why straight cold turkey?

I felt that if i didnt stop completely it would continue then eventually i would be back to square one :?

the gibble says good luck!!!

ps my gf is about to quit smoking ...so im off to live in a tree house out of arms reach until its done.. :cool:

Back