Kona Hei Hei 1993 inspiration

alfabruce

Dirt Disciple
Hi Everyone,

ive just bought myself a 1993 Hei Hei and Im on the hunt for rare and beautiful bits to restore it to its former glory.

In my travels I discovered this image with purple anodised bits all over it.

I dont spose anyone can point me in the direction of some better photos and info on this bike. I was on a link to some dodgy bike poster site and there was nothing more than this image.

Cheers

Attachments

• hei.jpg
    hei.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 55
Have you contacted @al-onestare regarding the serial number of your frame? He currates an extensive serial number list of all titanium Konas.

Regarding your picture, that bike has the full titanium package: seat post, fork, bars, bar ends, stem(?). Cranks look like Grafton. Headset Chris King no-logo, maybe.

Post pics of your bike too!

Have you contacted @al-onestare regarding the serial number of your frame? He currates an extensive serial number list of all titanium Konas.

Regarding your picture, that bike has the full titanium package: seat post, fork, bars, bar ends, stem(?). Cranks look like Grafton. Headset Chris King no-logo, maybe.

Post pics of your bike too!
Yeah its got all the expensive and impossible to get stuff thats for sure. Cool thanks for the info, ill drop him a line with my bike details.

Yeah ive just got to clean it up a bit and ill post some pics

Hi Everyone,

ive just bought myself a 1993 Hei Hei and Im on the hunt for rare and beautiful bits to restore it to its former glory.

In my travels I discovered this image with purple anodised bits all over it.

I dont spose anyone can point me in the direction of some better photos and info on this bike. I was on a link to some dodgy bike poster site and there was nothing more than this image.

Cheers
Is this the bike you've bought, because if you have then there's very little you need!

I have some new old stock Kona Curve purple parts if interested.

Specifically Kona Curve brake boosters.
IMG_1023 by Bikes2010, on Flickr
IMG_1025 by Bikes2010, on Flickr
Scan_20230904 by Bikes2010, on Flickr
Scan_20230904 (2) by Bikes2010, on Flickr
Wow thats for those scans. I didnt realise they used sugino cranks. Might see if i can source some to be period correct.

Ill have a think about those boosters. That picture has inspired me to do some purple but i may stay neutral

Back