Giving up smoking

poweredbypies":1d5jdcod said:
If we could give up the retro bike addiction we would all be quids in :LOL:

Haha ist funny because its true!

There are some good tips on here. In keeping with the good theme of the thread, has anyone else got any tips that helped them get over an addiction?

I personally dont but what about that rubber band around your wrist trick?

Thanks for the words of support :cool: But i can assure you that im not looking for praise only a heads up to others less experienced.Im pointing out that for many many years ive been toking and if i can give it up and start looking towards a healthier lifestyle then you can too ;)

Chopper/pies :cool:
I dont really want to start an argument.I have immense respect for our services :cool: :cool: :cool: so dont want to appear to be putting anyone down over their own personal experience.
I agree more with chopper but can see you arent praising weed as a lifestyle
Crumbs,didnt think this would receive so much attention but in a way im glad it did.Shame im so pants at putting words down :oops:

Rusty :shock: :shock: Ciggies too .I think i need something but rest assured i will be taking that bull by the horns in the future.One job at a time

SAVINGS- This might shock some. About a £100 per week.
And thank god i did,Do you know how much a brand new risse racing shock is going to cost me to get one sent over from the states? :shock: .Looks like that project is going to be finished sooner rather than later.

Mate I hope you manage to quit if thats what you want. Giving up anything is hard. Good luck and if you feel the need for one go for a ride insted :D

Infact even better go find the biggest drop off you have done before an do it again that will give you a buzz.

Wow! Yes that did shock me! I have known people to have similar amounts but not for ages!

Well thats building up tolerance i guess, on the odd occasion i do im like a whore. Easy and cheap.

That said, when i was a little bit younger, i was pushing about £10 each time, a few times a week. Boredom.

Am four weeks into giving up ciggies, and it's not easy, but this time am using the Champix stuff as other methods have not worked for me and I have been trying to quit for nine years.

And to think I started smoking ciggies at age 30 as a direct result of spending a few weeks travelling around Cornwall in a '77 Bay with a bag of weed and with that my first ever experience of the stuff, when we ran out of weed, hey it turned out I was getting the hit from the tobacco, for I had become a smoker, but my fault for marrying a smoker.

Nice one, Dyna-Ti.

You certainly have my respect! I quit 6 years ago (Over an ounce of hyrdo a week) and it was hideous. The main problem for me was the fact that all the positive aspects of smoking, such as amazing dreams, the munchies and the general social niceness all died down. At the height of my addiction I didn't dream at all! Kinda of scary, huh? And instead of easing my anxiety, it made it worse.

Like you, the first week or so was horrific. Couldn't sleep, vivid dreams was an understatement, more like terrifying night terrors (maybe a by-product of not dreaming for all that time?)

My little bit of advice, get yourself some Nootropics, maybe start with some 5-HTP. This may help you achieve some REM sleep and generally balance out your mood. I personally used some Valeriam Root Tea in the first week to help me relax, and found the 5-HTP later on in my recovery.

oh yeah, remember not to get too complacent and think "I've got this bitch beat" It's the easiest way to slip back into addiction.

Good luck, Dyna

Peace!

P.S. To that copper spouting his mouth off, do a bit of researech before you start spreading your propaganda. Where did you get your facts, a BBC documentary? I got myself in a mess from smoking, but it was my own fault, not the weed. You live you learn. No hard feeling, chap. Think before you condemn something.

In not spouting off. Vicwas suggesting we should be supporting our hero, not using this thread to say how wonderful drugs are just when the chap is trying to kick it.

As aforementioned, so long as you do it in your own home I couldn't care less what you shove up your nose, lungs or veins. If you think the Jeremy Kyle lifestyle is aspirational then be my guest. I couldn't give a monkeys. Im not condemning anything, except people who may be a little I sensitive with what they say in front of someone to quit. Perhaps read all my posts before making such a comment.

Makes no odds to me what you do, so go for it. Similarly, if it makes you permanently I'll or kills you, I still won't be interested. So long as you're not driving round my village under their influence I really have no inclination for or against the matter - I only care about someone who has grown a big brass pair and is trying to sort himself out. Fair play.

Chopper1192":2cynmrht said:
In the UK about half the profits support organised crime, and roughly half finds its way back to the 'stans where the money is being used to fund the killing of our troops.

Fantasy, most of the weed in britain is produced in britain, the afghans are funding their war selling opium and heroin (one and the same)

As for organised crime, from what i've seen of the busts around here it always seems to be vietnamese couples being left to mind the houses, of course they aren't the street level dealers but still...hardly afghanis or pakistanis.

Anyway well done on deciding to quit! i gave up back when i left high school because i realised that it was really making me lazy and having side effects like making me argumentative / paranoid.

I do know people who can still smoke and manage to hold down full time jobs, they just treat it the same way as beer but i suppose like anything it has different effects on different people.

Fantasy? I'll tell the CI that next time I'm on a drug squad briefing. And your authorities source is...?

In terms of £££ the amount produced in the UK is no where near enough to support the donestic market.

I'll remember your wisdom on the next border control job I get dragged into, next time we recover £600,000 worth of resin from inside a fake truck exhaust. These Vietnanese jobs in rented houses, bad boys in remote farm buildings etc, are small fry on the market.

TBH, I couldn't care. If it were up to me it'd be free. Itd stop the crime dead in its tracks, and anyone wants to use it can't smoke as much as they like.

Back