Sold Spitting 85 Saracen conquest....frame and fork now sold.

Get a box from a bike shop, and plenty of bubble wrap, and it'll be fine to post. Hundreds of bikes get posted and arrive safely every day.

Seems a really shame to split it. There's kind of no point in having the frame in that condition without the wheels and group set in that condition

What a beautiful bike! Almost too beautiful to ride as intended. Hang in there and sell it whole. I'm tempted by the frame option, but the first thing I'd look for is the right wheels and group set in pristine condition, and that would take a long time to source... someone will come along at some point.

Thing is, if you bought the frame and fork then you’d never be able to buy the pristine group set for the money you’d save by not buying the whole bike

I'd put it on ebay, collection only, when they have a reduced fees weekend. I had my zaskar listed on here for ages without even a whisper, but it sold inside of 30 minutes on ebay.

Measurements

ST 21"
TT 22.5"
HT 7"

Long stays, so would make and ideal touring bike...in fact its not dissimilar to a stanforth kibbo....can't think why!
Please read......1st march.

UPDATE. Sad to say, as I've no takers for the bike (even at this bargain price) im going to have split it. Its a crying shame as its completly original and in concours condition....but there it is, obviously no real interest in this old stuff now....

As such im looking for a buyer for the FRAME, FORK, STEM, HEADSET and SEATPOSTS x2 in ONE LOT.

If i can find a buyer I will then start the process of splitting the bike. Other parts including the whole deerhead groupset will be sold after the frame finds a new home. I'm not splitting to be left holding a frame i can sadly no longer ride! 🤣

Ideal touring bike frame.......new powder and lloyds decals.

Frame, fork, stem, headset and posts £185 posted.

UK mainland postage only, PayPal friends and family please or pay the fees.....

Previously......

Sadly im selling my saracen conquest. It had a full full restoration just over a year ago and has done very very few sunny day miles since (less than 200). Kept inside the house since.

Sadly, my back now won't let me ride it, and whlist i could modify it to fit, its so complete and concours, I just can't bring myself to do it. So its time for a new home.

Original spec (except innertubes 🤣), full deerhad shimano groupset including some nos parts. New powder and decals, wheels rebuilt, nitto bars and stem, nos brooks...well just see the thread to see how much got done.

The rebuild wanted for nothing and since the below photos were taken in the summer, ive found the correct original pedals and even original tyres! Original seatpost and grips are also included.

The post i put in allows me to ride it at 6"4'...but it really wants a pilot under 6'....say 5'10" as the original post is only 8" long!

View attachment 823836

Please read......1st march.

UPDATE. Sad to say, as I've no takers for the bike (even at this bargain price) im going to have split it. Its a crying shame as its completly original and in concours condition....but there it is, obviously no real interest in this old stuff now....

As such im looking for a buyer for the FRAME, FORK, STEM, HEADSET and SEATPOSTS x2 in ONE LOT.

If i can find a buyer I will then start the process of splitting the bike. Other parts including the whole deerhead groupset will be sold after the frame finds a new home. I'm not splitting to be left holding a frame i can sadly no longer ride! 🤣

Ideal touring bike frame.......new powder and lloyds decals.

Frame, fork, stem, headset and posts £185 posted.

UK mainland postage only, PayPal friends and family please or pay the fees.....

Previously......

Sadly im selling my saracen conquest. It had a full full restoration just over a year ago and has done very very few sunny day miles since (less than 200). Kept inside the house since.

Sadly, my back now won't let me ride it, and whlist i could modify it to fit, its so complete and concours, I just can't bring myself to do it. So its time for a new home.

Original spec (except innertubes 🤣), full deerhad shimano groupset including some nos parts. New powder and decals, wheels rebuilt, nitto bars and stem, nos brooks...well just see the thread to see how much got done.

The rebuild wanted for nothing and since the below photos were taken in the summer, ive found the correct original pedals and even original tyres! Original seatpost and grips are also included.

The post i put in allows me to ride it at 6"4'...but it really wants a pilot under 6'....say 5'10" as the original post is only 8" long!

View attachment 823836
Woah! Looking awesome, amazing job on the rebuild. Sorry I was late to the party on this thread, been looking for a conquest in my size for a while. Let me know if it's still available. Cheers!
Sam

Back