First generation Extralite F1, frame painting.

Re: Re:

Gerard":2nnqjulf said:
Apologies chaps.
I had every intention of getting home early and taking photos but alas best laid plans etc.

I will get an update ASAP.

you mean you leave the house these days :shock: what does it feel like ?

Retro Spud":1dft2bbk said:
you mean you leave the house these days :shock: what does it feel like ?

Strange....the only person in a building.........

I have updated the other thread........http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... 8#p3012208

but some photos here too......looking like the catalogue.

49781367721_1592317c63_b.jpg

49780827973_8923069730_b.jpg

49780827453_3bc1229a80_b.jpg

Very well done.....

Re:

So been doing a little on the frame.
Rear attached. Needs the decals putting on.
Working on colour scheme. Thinking blue cabling with red ferrule ends. Not sure about the headset...could go blue.
Blue seat clamp. Seat post I'm not sure, the Thompson is temporary....too long.
Cranks I have a lot of choices, polished, black, orange....
The spring in the rear shock need to be painted and I am thinking either blue or red (if I can find any paint in the lock down).
Whatever...it is going to be bright. I loath the current love of black frames...bring fluro back I say!

49823151871_16caa89b9d_b.jpg

Gerard":yu4qlax7 said:
........ I loath the current love of black frames...bring fluro back I say!

you and me too - I walked into Evan or Leisure lakes a few months back toured the shop didn't stop once and left, not one bike caught my eye, they all seem to be various shades of Matt, and mostly in black (Drab)

49823151871_16caa89b9d_b.jpg

Jesus christ :shock: that pic is so clear and vivid it should come with a health warning - I think you've entered the same Neon league as THM only your at the tasteful end of the scrotum.

polished Syncros cranks for me !

:oops: sorry for lowering the tone - that should have read "tasteful end of the SPECTRUM"

Predictive text and all that :roll: well thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it ........

as you were !

Re:

I really like this frame.
Can't help but think it needs slightly earlier forks though?

I love the bright yellow, in fact I'm considering getting my latest purchase powder coated...

Gerard":2k6ldfwr said:
Working on colour scheme. Thinking blue cabling with red ferrule ends. Not sure about the headset...could go blue.
Blue seat clamp.

Looking great Gerard,
But for me the red anodised stuff just slightly clashes with the standout solid red of the graphics and forks...the blue details on the other hand complement the blue in the graphic very well…. :cool:

Retro Spud":dr6co6du said:
Gerard":dr6co6du said:
........ I loath the current love of black frames...bring fluro back I say!

you and me too - I walked into Evan or Leisure lakes a few months back toured the shop didn't stop once and left, not one bike caught my eye, they all seem to be various shades of Matt, and mostly in black (Drab)

Jesus christ :shock: that pic is so clear and vivid it should come with a health warning - I think you've entered the same Neon league as THM only your at the tasteful end of the scrotum.

polished Syncros cranks for me !

Thanks mate. I know what you mean...and they think they have been risky with bright logo on Matt black...ooh err.

Cranks it will be either Synchros or orange RF which don't look as bad as they sound. I will post a photo.

Back