For Sale Sun double track rims on NukeProof generator hubs downhill freeride wheelset.

synchronicity

Senior Retro Guru
They're a bit overkill for me and the sort of riding I do (well not the hubs so much, the rims and spokes).
No pics yet because I wanted to gauge interest first, so not 100% decided/committed about selling them yet.

26". 32 hole. 110x20mm non-boost front; 135x12mm non-boost rear.
They're built with DT Swiss champion spokes with brass nipples.

Right, since I've been forced to list a price, the current asking price is now AU$480 for the wheelset or AUD$110 each for the rims.
Hubs not available separately.
Actual pics from tomorrow.

Attachments

• Sun-Double-Track-BPD-Rim.jpg
    Sun-Double-Track-BPD-Rim.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 1
  • black_zoom_6692.jpg
    black_zoom_6692.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
This needs to be a for sale post with a price, or removed until they're actually for sale, please

Why isn't there a "gauging interest" option?

There just isn't 🤷‍♂️ It would probably end up being far busier than the for sale section and would end up with all deals going on behind the scenes, people gazumping each other etc

I'll probably just whack these on ebay then with some skyhigh price.
Because I'm not parting with them for ridiculously low money just for the sake of it.
The trouble is I don't know what they are worth.
I'd rather not offend people with my pricing here.
That way people can make sensible offers over there.

If someone is specifically interested in these, then I would sell them. Otherwise not.
Shame I can't leave the thread. I have prices on ALL of my other thread posts/items.

I'll probably just whack these on ebay then with some skyhigh price.
Because I'm not parting with them for ridiculously low money just for the sake of it.
The trouble is I don't know what they are worth.
I'd rather not offend people with my pricing here.
That way people can make sensible offers over there.

If someone is specifically interested in these, then I would sell them. Otherwise not.
Shame I can't leave the thread. I have prices on ALL of my other thread posts/items.

There's always this thread https://www.retrobike.co.uk/threads/the-other-how-much-is-my-xyz-worth-thread-for-98.140396/ though I'm not sure it gets much traffic

Because that's the same as putting up a for sale ad with a price and seeing how many people say they're interested in buying it.
Not really (IMHO). Because there's a difference between placing an ad with a price in order to sell (as I have done elsewhere, like "I want it to sell no matter what, it's of no use to me anymore"), and it does get sold sooner or later because I keep lowering the prices all the time, and then there's "I'm only selling this if I get xyz amount" (because I can possibly still use it in future and/or or I haven't truly committed to selling it any cheaper). I my case, I hadn't even really decided what xyz amount should be. Also, I would have rather NOT listed a price because people are now going to assume that I am very/too optimistic with my pricing, that I'm dreaming or whatever.

Also, there's a difference in buyers. Some may specifically be looking for this exact rim or hub, then they're usually prepared to pay a bit more than if I set the price low enough that someone else (everyone/anyone) is interested (that otherwise would not have been, because now it's a bargain all of a sudden). One is more of a slow burner approach (which may take years). Get it?😅

Last edited:
Back