Employed/Unemployed Figures

its the 0 hour contracts. i got made un employed becouse a big company wanted to run the place on part timers. they wanted me to go from 40 hrs to 9 yes 9 over 3 days an it was about 15 mile one way from my house. think the plan was fill it full of cheap partimers if they wanted to get rid ect no hassle. my mrs is on the 0 hours thing. its ment to help both the employer an worker what bollocks. she works 7 days a week about 5 hrs aday they wont give her set hours they are a pain when it comes to getting time off. they want her to more hours when somones off or busy but if she carnt they seem to drop her hours for a while . its close to slave labour as you can get

benjy":cttwc7mi said:
its the 0 hour contracts. i got made un employed becouse a big company wanted to run the place on part timers. they wanted me to go from 40 hrs to 9 yes 9 over 3 days an it was about 15 mile one way from my house. think the plan was fill it full of cheap partimers if they wanted to get rid ect no hassle. my mrs is on the 0 hours thing. its ment to help both the employer an worker what bollocks. she works 7 days a week about 5 hrs aday they wont give her set hours they are a pain when it comes to getting time off. they want her to more hours when somones off or busy but if she carnt they seem to drop her hours for a while . its close to slave labour as you can get

The funny thing is some workers really really love these 0 hours contracts, say it fits so well with their lifestyles, mainly I think this is workers that have a partner in full time work and don't mind a bit of being messed around, I would. But while there are workers out there supporting the idea, it'll remain and employees will get exactly what they want, little or no workers rights.

Alison

its prob people at uni or collage that dont mind as they can come an go ect but people trying to pay there bills rent ect ect an not having a stable job carnt see how they would like it

They were talking about it on Breakfast (BBC news) not so long back and they interviewed several marure (I meen over 30 by that) men and women who were saying how great they were, it fitted so well round family life. Me, I think that it just reduces employment rights to an almost non existent level, allowing them to hire and fire at leasure, but that's only from what I've read/heard

Alison

Guy round our way was in the papers recently: social gave him this 'job' in a charity shop, 11 miles away from his home, but no travel expenses to get there. The poor bloke was setting off at 5.30 am to WALK to the place, then same again back because he couldn't afford the £18 weekly ticket.

Some decent chap gave him a bike to ride it instead, but only after two months of walking six hours a day in the freezing rain. Bastards. Even old bag Scratcher gave the job seekers travel expenses in the 80's, it'll be the workhouse next.

Actually the workhouse probably exists already. Working for nothing, and walking to where they send you. Sounds about right.

Donny Dee":2wefhaio said:
Actually the workhouse probably exists already. Working for nothing, and walking to where they send you. Sounds about right.

Wasn't it better, didn't they feed you?

Alison

All I know is, that as soon as I get the money, I'm off to France to live; permanently.

I worked there for nearly two years and the worst thing I ever did was come back to this country. The cycling was first class ;) I'm scared sh!tless when I get on the road in Blighty... :(

Two more years and hopefully I'm gone. :D

Latest posts

Back