Employed/Unemployed Figures

my two pennyworth.

Myself and two friends,all aged between 50 and 60 have been made redundant in the last year. All 3 of us didnt sign on. We have a bit of savings (thirty odd years of work does that for you) and all of us having attempted to sign on, gave up on it. They gave us sh!t in the job centres so we all walked away.

All 3 of us eventually became part time employed, which must be good for someones figures somewhere :roll:

There's a young lad I know of who, having spent several years flunking from one college course to another, with little success, has been given a significant LOAN from the bank, funded by the govt, to start his own exceedingly spurious and destined to last 5 minutes, "business".... Said kid will then have a significant debt to repay!!!!
Schemes such as this are just a blag to get people "off the books" in the short term, and offer little or no support i an effort to actually TRY and get the business actually succeeding beyong the 1st year or 2.

Think about it... post election in 2015, when all these businesses fail and the Tories have a majority govt, they can blame it on the coalistion (lib dems), or if they dont come to power at all, they can shout from the sidelines that the govt in power has failed, when in fact it was their own crap idea in the first place

Utter Shower of Bastards

G

its all bollocks, nice way to waste money getting somone to pluck numbers out of thin air that dont realy matter

All this stuff gets right up my nose but people fall for it.

All they do it cut full time positions and make everything part time. Win win for gov and employers as the gov can say unemployment is down and the employers get away with sh*t conditions and rights for the employees.

Yes, officially unemployment will be down but instead of loads of people in full time work, looking after themselves you end up with far more in part time work that then need benifits to get by and have no job security.

brocklanders023":2ztx8q3h said:
All this stuff gets right up my nose but people fall for it.

All they do it cut full time positions and make everything part time. Win win for gov and employers as the gov can say unemployment is down and the employers get away with sh*t conditions and rights for the employees.

Yes, officially unemployment will be down but instead of loads of people in full time work, looking after themselves you end up with far more in part time work that then need benifits to get by and have no job security.

Absolutely, agree 100%

Will the unemployed forced to work for free, in order to get benefit's, now be classed as working and off the statistical radar?

Alison

Back