Emelle - How bad are these?

Emelle...

Our kid had an Emmelle Cheetah for his first MTB got to give the cheetah some props even though it was & still is a big pile of babba , our kid took it over the over hang at Barton quarry & onto a near vertical 150ft descent!!!!!
He survived & he said believe it or not that the bike tracked well & kept him on course!!!!! :shock:

Its easy to moan about cheap bikes like the Emmelle now that most of us can afford nice bikes, but without them very few of us would have got into MTBing in the first place and for that, they deserve a little respect... not a lot mind you.

Re:

I'm collecting an emmelle dolomite xl tomorrow. The cortina was my first mtb and I dreamed of the top end model. They were suspiciously similar to the diamond backs, particularly the ascent, same seat lug, rear brake stop. My other projects are an rc100 and an ellison, but I'm wanting this as much.

Re:

Ok started mountain biking on an Emmelle Classic 300 1993. Cost me about £270 but I rode several mountain bike randonee on it. And in The Peaks. It was a shared Frome in gold/black stripe shared with Diamond Back.

And I enjoyed it enough to still be riding both road and mountain bike 26 years later.

I eventually lent my Emmelle to my brother, who destroyed it.

Re:

The 89 Dolomite was a decent bike, lovely paint and Mountain LX kit. Couple of mates had them when I got my Tufftrax.

Re:

stevej77":t4ydck9l said:
zigzag":t4ydck9l said:
Would love to see what sort of a reaction this would get at a trail centre. Ideas, ideas :twisted:

Just last week I saw a bloke on a red version of this very bike going round the Red trail at Llandegla!! He was proper old school; Anorak, specs and a beard. Ace.

I don't know if he actually made it the whole way around though :eek:

Perfectly rideable on a red I imagine with a bit of care and skill.

Back