Like the Jacob Rees-Mogg..........

Mike Muz

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Bontrager Fan
Feedback
View
.......That won't flush, I'm back again fellow retro heads.
You see what happened was thus. I was/am selliing my fantastic 1999 Gary Fisher Supercaliber on Marketplace as eBay fleeces you more than Nobby the sheep (if you know, you know) when someone offered me a more modern Specialized full suspension summat-or-other as a possible swap. Then I thought to myself, I wonder what I could find on here instead. As it happened, one of my favourite but until now elusive dream frames came up for sale, as a complete bike at the same price as the aforementioned Fisher. Even better, it looked in fantastic condition and with top end spec. So after some offerings of alcoholic related products, it turned out two of my friends went quiet when they could see where this was going. It was only when I asked the one furthest away of the three, that I got a positive response. Not only that, having explained to him my financial situation, he offered to help out to that end also, until we meet up when I can square up with him
Retro Spud, you're a bloody diamond!
So now I'm (not technically yet,) the proud owner of a Rocky Mountain Blizzard, from I'm guessing around 2000. So ....... before I swap a few bits with my Fisher, I need to work out how to get this bike into my possession without Mrs Muz getting wind of it. Timing isn't great as sellng/moving in/buying/moving away are enough to be getting on with. I hope Nick doesn't charge much per week for storage :LOL: .
I'll just skip over the relationship/ losing my way/close to a nervous breakdown/counselling/reconcilliation era of my life that started not long after an amazing retro mtb ride in the Peaks. The day after actually. Just the best group mtb ride I've ever had thanks to Longun. When I move away, hopefully this spring, I'll be nearer and definitely up for more of those.
Anyhow, I'm rambling away, like the old man I'm fighting to avoid becoming. So what have I missed since 2018? :LOL::LOL:

Muz

Back