Emelle - How bad are these?

Ohhhhhhhh yes !!! I did notice it was in Carlisle.

Now I think its time for the confession............this one is mine. I recovered from my Dad`s place.

It`s had the once over and I`m punting it on the bay. I wondered how long it would take before it came up here with the word `Retro` in the title.

Now for these being a POS and being in good nick from lack of use, I`m sorry guys I have to defend this particular bike as I can assure you it had plenty of use on and off road and covered more miles than I care to remember...................it just had an owner that looked after it .

Marmite King":83lobavm said:
Now for these being a POS and being in good nick from lack of use, I`m sorry guys I have to defend this particular bike as I can assure you it had plenty of use on and off road and covered more miles than I care to remember...................it just had an owner that looked after it .

Aye, I suppose it might of been worse, it might have been a Tensor!

LeeDevelopment":20p4wsjv said:
Emmelle?

"Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!"

C'mon, don't be silly, Emmelle, Townsend, Falcon, no no and thrice no!!

My first MTB was a townsend, with Reynolds 501 tubing and a 200 or 300 Exage groupset on it.

I ended up giving it to my dad, and I borrowed it this christmas. TBH it was fine, not a bad ride at all.

Marmite King":1twzzi6m said:
This definitely looks like an Emmelle Classic 300 to me, the 300 LX Exage gear that`s on it gives it away.......

Just what I was going to say. Lower in the range was the Classic 200 and the 400/500 was the model up. I seem to remember similar colour schemes but using red, blue and green (not together :roll: :LOL: ).

These were the next best thing to a Marin if you couldn't stretch to £300 bitd. Not bad for the money. Emmelle was Moore Large's in house brand (hence the name ML ;) ) who were also importers of Haro.

They were far better than the later bikes that ML brought out which tarnished their reputation imo.

I used to lust after my mates Emelle Corniche in th early 90's! Indexed Suntour Accushift gears and green and orange paint job - lovely.

In my defence my own bike at that time was an Apollo Avalanche, a mild steel, friction geared, 23" monster! When I was 14 I couldn't lift it over styles and wooden gates by myself!!! :LOL:

The top end Emmelle's looked like exotica compared to the Apollo Blizzard I wanted around '89 :oops: . Luckily I saw sense, saved up, and got a Saracen Tufftrax instead. :cool:

zigzag":nnu9u2tr said:
Would love to see what sort of a reaction this would get at a trail centre. Ideas, ideas :twisted:

Just last week I saw a bloke on a red version of this very bike going round the Red trail at Llandegla!! He was proper old school; Anorak, specs and a beard. Ace.

I don't know if he actually made it the whole way around though :eek:

Latest posts

Back