Too Good To Scrap/Bin??

Hi, actually i do agree too, please look for giving this ride a second life

Typical catalogs or price lists don't show a model named "Eiger", but the 1989 "Conquest" or 1990 "Tufftrax Comp" had a pretty identical paintjobs.
View attachment 784361
View attachment 784364

Edit, thanks for the hint on the black LX series.
The brochure of the Tufftrax even says 500 LX Chainset with "Special Black Edition". That wa

Hi, actually i do agree too, please look for giving this ride a second life

Typical catalogs or price lists don't show a model named "Eiger", but the 1989 "Conquest" or 1990 "Tufftrax Comp" had a pretty identical paintjobs.
View attachment 784361
View attachment 784364

Edit, thanks for the hint on the black LX series.
The brochure of the Tufftrax even says 500 LX Chainset with "Special Black Edition". That was new to me!
The Eiger has the seat tube piercing the top tube unlike these two, it was a feature on some Saracens over the years.

Thanks!! I wasn't even aware LX groupset existed that early until i came across this bike... i though the LX groupset came out in 93 or so with 400lx,500lx then LX

The Eiger has the seat tube piercing the top tube unlike these two, it was a feature on some Saracens over the years.
ha, yes, good point, so the Eiger Team had this unique frame design already, but Conquest and Tufftrax not yet in 1990.

That's what's meant on my 94 Tufftrax ;)
20210901_131646.jpg
(just the Eiger in the thread here had the also interesting internal cable routing for the rear brake)

BTW: the blue and maybe a bit more common Eiger (non-team) model with similar decals has also a regular frame design, like Conquest and Tufftrax 89-90.

Last edited:
It was a very very long time ago, but I think the Eigers were destined for sale within the Halfords chain hence the name not showing in the same model year catalogue

Come on, surely there’s room left for a little one? Anyway, as soon as there’s bit missing it’s not a bike anymore, just a collection of neatly organised spare parts.
Frame is a bit corroded...needs sandblast so im giving just the frame away.
But i've stripped all the parts and put it for sale ; wheels,derailleurs,cantilevers,bottom bracket,headset,pedals,steem etc

Last edited:
Back