Does Your Bike Want To Kill You

My bike seems to enjoy itself as we go along, sometimes I am sure I can hear it hum along ever so quietly. It is keeping me on the bike, if anything.

I am not mad, I take my medication

My first real bike was a GT. I'm a GT guy. I love old GTs. Also, an aluminum triple triangle frame is the most rigid hunk of metal know to man. Zero forgiveness for anyone with the slightest amount of low back pain. They are not intended for long rides. But they do look cool.

Back in the day I (as did many others) put Fire XC Pro's on my trusty steed - you remember, the ones with the godawful red stripes. For whatever reason, and despite much fettling and playing with pressures they just didn't get on with my rear rim. Any rear landing more than a tad off straight and they'd roll off the rim. No-one I know had the same issue. New rim tape, tubes, everything. Wheels were as true as they could ever be. Was absolutely trying to kill me, so I swapped out for a some new wheels (man maths obvs) and the issue never came again.

My first real bike was a GT. I'm a GT guy. I love old GTs. Also, an aluminum triple triangle frame is the most rigid hunk of metal know to man. Zero forgiveness for anyone with the slightest amount of low back pain. They are not intended for long rides. But they do look cool.

Couldn't agree more but with Cannondale context. Bought one new as I'd always lusted over a headshok when I was a teen. Looked amazing. Headshok was next to useless. Frame nearly rattled my bones to bits as I was used to steel. Never riding aluminium again.

Back