Bontrager #3 - '94 Race

Sorry, last photo was pretty lazy...

the tire/rim logos lined up on the front and I hate it but I struggled getting the tires mounted and I can't be bothered to fix it yet. _1002166.jpg

_1002167.jpg

oh nice…I have my original early-mid 1990s bonty race / or unbuilt - as I currently ride my more recent Racelight.

also would love a bonty cx , but if you can explain how to convert a 26” frame to accept 700c I might have a new project…

interested to learn more what parts are needed?

interested to learn more what parts are needed?

All you really need is to find a 700c canti post fork and move the rear breaks. Mine came with this little contraption from a brand called Muqzi.

Muqzi.JPG

It moves the whole caliper up though they also make one that just moves the pads. The rear brake would very easily lock up still though it felt really squishy which I'm not sure should be attributed to the little converter or the cheapo plastic levers/cables that were on there.

Mavic used to make a converter but I couldn't find one anywhere.

mavic_brake_adapter.jpg

All you really need is to find a 700c canti post fork and move the rear breaks. Mine came with this little contraption from a brand called Muqzi.

View attachment 702970

It moves the whole caliper up though they also make one that just moves the pads. The rear brake would very easily lock up still though it felt really squishy which I'm not sure should be attributed to the little converter or the cheapo plastic levers/cables that were on there.

Mavic used to make a converter but I couldn't find one anywhere.

View attachment 702971
Thanks for info…will start seeking parts 😎 really enjoy riding my racelite & would be good to get my original bonty or riding again…

Sorry, last photo was pretty lazy...

the tire/rim logos lined up on the front and I hate it but I struggled getting the tires mounted and I can't be bothered to fix it yet.View attachment 702953

View attachment 702954
Nice! You have my wheels! Same ones I'll be building for my Race Lite. But you also have the tires, whereas I have mismatched pair: a skinwall Jones front and a black wall Jones rear. It's driving me nuts!

Nice! You have my wheels! Same ones I'll be building for my Race Lite. But you also have the tires, whereas I have mismatched pair: a skinwall Jones front and a black wall Jones rear. It's driving me nuts!
I know ! I'm still keeping an eye out for Jones tires for you.

I found my mag 21 was only holding air on one side so I've got new valves that just arrived. I need to figure out how to replace them and see if that does the trick. Then it's just a matter of building the bike!

I know ! I'm still keeping an eye out for Jones tires for you.

I found my mag 21 was only holding air on one side so I've got new valves that just arrived. I need to figure out how to replace them and see if that does the trick. Then it's just a matter of building the bike!
I'll have to update my thread so as not to hijack yours...but I'm making incremental slow progress. You're clearly in the lead, with build #3 while I still languish with #1! 😂

But I did find a NOS saddle, admittedly Cro-mo rails and nothe elusive Ti. I'll get pics up soon.

Back