Bontrager Race Lite

benjabbi

Bontrager Fan
Roughly 5½ years ago now I spotted a Bontrager Privateer going for a very reasonable price on Ebay and as I had the money decided to have a go. It was a brand I remembered seeing get praise in the mags back in the day and as I was working in a Trek dealer at the time was also a brand I had experience of in the modern sense. Anyway I enlisted the help of a mate and went and picked the bike up. It didn't take long at all to fall for it, it rides beautifully and pretty soon a mild obsession began and I decided to hunt out a 'proper' one to try, I settled on a Race Lite as the one to have and started my search. Well, it just didn't happen, they were either the wrong size or I hadn't got the cash at the time. Along the way I picked up a Race and even a Ti Lite but the Race Lite eluded me.
Now thanks to Ryne @br0qn it has finally happened, you can see his build here: https://www.retrobike.co.uk/threads/the-late-great-bontrager-race-lite.449477/
I'd like to thank him for both selling me the frame and being willing to send it half way round the world. 👍😁
It's due to arrive on Wednesday and I'm pretty excited, the missing piece of my little Bontrager collection is nearly here.

"mild obsession"
You sure about that?

Looking forward to seeing what you do with this one and the full team assembled when you are done

"mild obsession"
You sure about that?

Looking forward to seeing what you do with this one and the full team assembled when you are done
😂 I suppose "mild" is a bit of an understatement!
Thanks Matt, I have an initial plan sorted.
No doubt that will change over the coming months but first I will get it built and ridden. 👍 😁

Latest posts

Back