Withdrawn '94/7 Bontrager Race Lite - Medium - Igleheart - m900 (US)

br0qn

Retro Guru
i'm gutted about this but here we go...

br0qn003-race_lite-first_ride-3-jpg.746027

it's been built up with nos/premium bits throughout without any catastrophic failure prone ww boutique parts and comes in right at 20lbs

since the above photo the seatpost was upgraded to a Titanium Ultimate Machine Co, the skewers are now m950 matching the hubs and there is a bottle cage now but otherwise as pictured here.

it's a medium race lite and an interesting one - a '94 (front mech roller) that got a new rear end and fresh powder/panels (santa cruz warrantied repair) after they switched to single piece stays in '96. January 1997 Trek shut them down hence the '94/7 date i've given the frame. it was virtually unused when i got it and i sourced a lot of the stuff from the forum here.

the fork is focal of course, Igleheart was charging ~$600 for these before he retired and well, he's basically responsible for the segmented fork... It's not "correct" but it rides better than my bonty fork did and i built this bike to ride though it's got maybe 100 miles on it since completion, half of which are trail miles.
it's got Ti brake posts, Ti railed saddle, Ti seatpost as mentioned, Ti stem and Ti White Industries BB, Ti bars. the WTB cable hanger repop has a Ti ferrule too ;D and some Ti hardware on the m900 rear mech.

older paul levers, nos dkg boosters, nos shimano cables...full details in the build thread in my signature

bike is in LA, i'm experienced with and happy to ship.

I've struggled with putting a price on this. Bontrager builds generally aren't fetching large sums but then this build is rather premium i think. i don't expect to get out what I've got in it, c'est la vie, but I'd be stoked if it stayed together (my vanity speaking) so i've landed on $2,500 net to me.

hit me up if it tickles your fancy.

Definitely a shame, you've put loads into that bike. Good luck with selling, I really think you'll have to split to get anywhere near the value you want.

I know @benjabbi is on the lookout for a medium race lite frame

Definitely a shame, you've put loads into that bike. Good luck with selling, I really think you'll have to split to get anywhere near the value you want.

I know @benjabbi is on the lookout for a medium race lite frame
thanks dude, i know, not ready at all to part with it but...circumstances. i also figure splitting it would net the most recovery but i wanted to see if there was interest as is.

if @benjabbi wants dibs on the frame in case of split, he need only raise his hand!

thanks dude, i know, not ready at all to part with it but...circumstances. i also figure splitting it would net the most recovery but i wanted to see if there was interest as is.

if @benjabbi wants dibs on the frame in case of split, he need only raise his hand!
✋😁
Unfortunate that you have to sell it and it would be a shame to split it but I think @slackboy is right. 😕
If it does come to it though I'd be interested in the frame and bars. 👍

Back