Bontrager Race Lite

I don't think they get the love they deserve.
Maybe it was the lack of flash?
Well built bikes that ride superbly and have a load of cool little features when you start looking.

I think they are appreciated by many. They are among my favourite bikes.

thats good service from @br0qn and a nice first build.
XTR looking smart. Where are the bonty forks living these days? I think judys work better for the age of this frame but would be nice to see a green and silver combo.

How were the shipping and import duties, not too painful I hope. Its the one thing thats put me off loads of US frames over they years.

thats good service from @br0qn and a nice first build.
XTR looking smart. Where are the bonty forks living these days? I think judys work better for the age of this frame but would be nice to see a green and silver combo.

How were the shipping and import duties, not too painful I hope. Its the one thing thats put me off loads of US frames over they years.
Thanks Matt 👍😁
The Bonty forks are on the Race, I dare say they'll end up being tried on this at some point.
Postage and import duties/VAT basically
doubled the price of the frame. Ryne let it go for what I thought was a very reasonable price and it ended up being an all in price I was happy with. I've missed some bargains from over there in the past, that even with all the crap on top probably still would have been reasonable compared to some prices you see.
It took under a week, everything sorted upfront and now I've done it once and it's been OK, I'll probably do it again at some point. 👍

First ride assessment, this thing is rapid, just eggs you on to push a bit harder. 😁
Has that nice shock absorbing feeling of quality steel.
Forgot how nice m900 is to use, slick changes and cantis don't get much better in feel or power.
Weighs in at 24lbs 2oz or 10.94kg.
Not superlight but a pound lighter than the rigid XT equipped Race and the only real nod to super light weight are the bars grips and seatpost.
Saddle might have to go, I've decided Flite is an acronym for Feels Like It Tortures Everything, at one point they were my favourite but my arse must have changed shape! 😁 😂 DSC_1199.JPG

Latest posts

Back