Any recommendations for getting a bike delivered

theador

Devout Dirtbag
I’ve seen a bike that I quite like the look of, but it’s near York, and I’m near Reading. Has anyone used a company who maybe just puts the bike in a removals van or a man in a van who’ll carefully collect stuff and drop it off? Happy to pay a bit of a premium as the only other option I’ve got is driving up so there’s the petrol and time cost in that.

Might be worth reaching out to @mheywoo1 as he mentioned in a thread recently that he was looking into a collection service as a commercial venture.

Paisley Freight, they collect and deliver. Will even supply a box for a small fee. Last time I had any dealings with them it was £50ish. I’ve used them twice without issues.

+1 for paisley freight, but even with the supply a box service you'll still need a seller who is willing to partially disassemble the bike and pack it into the box

Might be worth asking for a big favour off a york based retrobiker! Might cost you a few beer tokens, but probably wont come to much more than a premium carrier.

Plus, at leat you know its been packed by somebody with " cycle sensitivity ".... asking a civilian to package a bike is asking for trouble imho.

Did you solve this? If you haven't found another solution I could help. I'm not actually in work for the next two weeks, but I expect I'll still be going to York at least once.

Latest posts

Back