A new build... its a Stif Squatch

Will do. Just went up the road and back, checking all is good. But spent so long trying to find the crank preload tool in my garage it was dark and couldn't test it properly.

First cranks I've had with the "cinch" system and have to say think its amazing. So much more logical for one bolt rather thank 4 or 5 and at the centre where forces are less. Looks better too in my opinion.

Will do. Just went up the road and back, checking all is good. But spent so long trying to find the crank preload tool in my garage it was dark and couldn't test it properly.

First cranks I've had with the "cinch" system and have to say think its amazing. So much more logical for one bolt rather thank 4 or 5 and at the centre where forces are less. Looks better too in my opinion.
Yes it’s very well-designed I think. Not many aftermarket rings yet but I guess that will happen. I have a nice machined Burgtec in Orange

Hi mate. Planned yesterday to try them out but the weather was awful so didn't get out.
Today the weather was much better and went to my local woods. My boy wanted to come along too which was nice, I've never really pushed him to so he hasn't shown much interest. So quite a sedate 10 miles, but good fun. I tried to pop off as much as I could and definitely feel the difference in the clearance on the shorter cranks. The low BB and shorter cranks feel great together.

The shorter cranks don't seem to affect output much so just seems more a clearance difference for now. Guess I'll need longer to notice other subtleties

Still only 3 rides in, but am really enjoying this bike. Bonus shot of my boys converted retro with some risers and decent grips

20230806_162444.jpg
20230806_162224.jpg
20230806_161106.jpg
20230806_162530.jpg

Attachments

• 20230806_161106.jpg
    20230806_161106.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
That sounds good. It’s a good process, getting a bike finely tuned so that all the components genuinely work together. Stem, bars - levers, transmission - cranks frame … rewarding thing to do

Yeah, I'm a fit and forget guy, so trying to fine tune it as much as I can early doors

So 165 cranks are a win. Really like them.

Otherwise just been getting used to a very different bike. Sizing wise, it is so different but we'll fitting. With seatpost right up it feels really comfy dropped it feels so stable.

I ordered some white fox decals online which are great but I did a truly terrible job as put non disc side first, then forgot that the brake mount interfers with it other side so they don't line up, the 34 is in different places and I also got an air bubble. Abysmal job, but looks ok from one side, at a distance.

Anyway, I'll keep adding occasional photos as this bike is so much fun

Back