93 gt team avalanche

Nice job on those forks! Were those the chrome legged forks? Had them on my Zaskar back in the 90s. Great forks.

Need to find myself a pair of them GT/Amé grips without spending a small fortune!

Look forward to seeing this take shape.

Nice job on those forks! Were those the chrome legged forks? Had them on my Zaskar back in the 90s. Great forks.

Need to find myself a pair of them GT/Amé grips without spending a small fortune!

Look forward to seeing this take shape.
The grips are definitely getting hard to find.
Can’t remember the name of the company that was redoing retro parts grips fork parts etc.

The grips are definitely getting hard to find.
Can’t remember the name of the company that was redoing retro parts grips fork parts etc.
Will have a look. Have a 1990 Team Avalanche which has earlier GT/Amé grips fitted that are super cool, but are not the more curved profiled section ones that came with it/you have.

Just thought (although too late now!) if those fork legs were chrome, it would have been super cool if the Pace stickers were used as a mask so when peeled after spraying you’d be left with chrome Pace logos... assume the chrome has been “keyed” below to accept the original repaint from the Kona owner, so could be in a right mess?

Will have a look. Have a 1990 Team Avalanche which has earlier GT/Amé grips fitted that are super cool, but are not the more curved profiled section ones that came with it/you have.

Just thought (although too late now!) if those fork legs were chrome, it would have been super cool if the Pace stickers were used as a mask so when peeled after spraying you’d be left with chrome Pace logos... assume the chrome has been “keyed” below to accept the original repaint from the Kona owner, so could be in a right mess?
IMG_9113.jpeg
The original plan for the rc30’s was the same as I did to the p2’s and the steel frame of the Kona with high polish of the steel and clear coat to seal may still do that and stick them on a 96/97 zaskar that i have still to make a start on.
The finish come up really good

Last edited:
Back