1989 Miyata Ridge Runner Team

Neko

Specialized Fan
Hi guys! New member here. As some may already know, I’m an 18 year old from the MTB Mecca (Norcal) who has a few years of vintage MTB experience under his belt. This is my first project I deem worthy of Retrobike — a mostly original 1989 Ridge Runner Team. This was an amazing find for $75 locally and was in very good shape. The paint on the TT is far from perfect and I still want the correct small and middle chainrings, but it’s been lovingly restored as a rider for my dad (hence the modern grips, chain and brake pads). The major upgrade from stock is a set of Nitto Sim Works bars (a good 25cm ish wider than the originals🙀), as well as the best looking saddle I could get my hands on, a worn yet pretty Turbo Special. It is a bit sluggish, but rides phenomenally. I will upload more pics when I get home. Enjoy! IMG_4102.jpeg

Also RE: the saddle. Have a look at this thread. This is a UK member so not sure what is available/things are called in the US.

It was a “sticky” thread but I think the link got lost when RB got hacked a while ago.

Gorgeous! Lovely condition and originality! And hats off for not converting to a 1x11/12 and fitting a shorty stem with moustache style handlebars.

Bet you that rides lovely! 😎😍
I’d rather jump off a bridge. Strictly opposed to “modern swapping”

Also RE: the saddle. Have a look at this thread. This is a UK member so not sure what is available/things are called in the US.

It was a “sticky” thread but I think the link got lost when RB got hacked a while ago.
I have heard of this kit and was planning to try it out in the future. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back