90 Gt team Avalanche bike,93 Gt Team Avalanche frame

mush2205

Retro Guru
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
The 16inch looks great! - Blue Widow paint too! Apologies, I am one of the watchers. But as I have an 18inch one of these, I'm never going to get away with the excuse that its a different frame size :LOL: Good luck with the auction.

I was tempted by the ‘93 TA too. But just have too many projects on at the moment. It’s a beautiful frame though!

GUILTY!

WAY more than I thought it would go for! :oops:

I was out the garden sorting out our cold frame as this auction was ending and went in with a very late high bid on 4G and then my eBay App froze and I had no idea if I had won it or not, not to mention how much I paid!!! 🤪

5min later I got an email notification with just how much I paid!!! Well the only other bidder played the long game with a very high early bid.

Yes I paid too much, but I’ve got a 1990 16” Team Avalanche on its way to me soon! :cool: Always lusted after this exact year/model/size and been looking for one for quite a while and there has been nothing. 18” and bigger yes, but no 16” (cue someone telling me they got one earlier this year for £200!). All pretty much original bar tyres (and probably tubes too), grips (but these are still GT/AMÉ) and rear brake blocks (Aztec as opposed to XT). These F&F were also made in Japan vs. the following year when they were built in Taiwan.

I have some period skinwalls to go on it so will just need a full strip down and rebuild which won’t happen anytime too sadly. But at least I got one at last despite paying what I did. In the past I’ve been gifted bikes and had some for very little cash and being pretty much complete saves a lot of time/money hunting parts, but understand sometimes that’s part of the fun. ;)

@Bawgixer That ’93 Team Avalanche was a far more sensible priced! 👍

GUILTY!

WAY more than I thought it would go for! :oops:

I was out the garden sorting out our cold frame as this auction was ending and went in with a very late high bid on 4G and then my eBay App froze and I had no idea if I had won it or not, not to mention how much I paid!!! 🤪

5min later I got an email notification with just how much I paid!!! Well the only other bidder played the long game with a very high early bid.

Yes I paid too much, but I’ve got a 1990 16” Team Avalanche on its way to me soon! :cool: Always lusted after this exact year/model/size and been looking for one for quite a while and there has been nothing. 18” and bigger yes, but no 16” (cue someone telling me they got one earlier this year for £200!). All pretty much original bar tyres (and probably tubes too), grips (but these are still GT/AMÉ) and rear brake blocks (Aztec as opposed to XT). These F&F were also made in Japan vs. the following year when they were built in Taiwan.

I have some period skinwalls to go on it so will just need a full strip down and rebuild which won’t happen anytime too sadly. But at least I got one at last despite paying what I did. In the past I’ve been gifted bikes and had some for very little cash and being pretty much complete saves a lot of time/money hunting parts, but understand sometimes that’s part of the fun. ;)

@Bawgixer That ’93 Team Avalanche was a far more sensible priced! 👍
There cracking bikes,lovely paint on them too.
I have a 18” 90 one of them already and got an avalanche frame awhile bk,so the team avalanche frame will go well with the bravo le from that yr. IMG_8612.jpeg

Last edited:
Back