1992 Alpinestars Cro Mega DX build

Re: Re:

Timoth27":3d4dq7t7 said:
Really liking this, bitd my friend had one of these in whit/grey and always liked it. I’m a big restomod fan and your mix of new and old goes really well.

Cheers mate - I was unsure until it started to come together. I’m not sold on the grips yet and need to buy a shorter canti link for the front brakes but overall really pleased.

Re:

Day off today so made a bit of progress fitting the brakes - I really love how the SS-5 levers sit on the bars next to the solitary XT shifter.
As I’ve said in a previous post I’m not sold on the grips, might just get some black ODI mushrooms as they were my favourite as a child.
I lost the little brass cup for the rear brake hanger but had a spare purple crank screw so dropped that in and it fits a treat and looks pretty cool tool. I’ve had to swap the purple Hope seat clamp for now with a q/r black Hope one I had because the rear brake hanger wouldn’t allow the seat clamp to tighten.
I’m now waiting for the 32t M9020 chain ring, need to find either an XT or XTR 10 speed rear mech and have a good tighten up plus I’ve ordered a shorter cantilever link for the front because it’s too long and you can’t pull the level enough to stop it - plus it just doesn’t look right.
I’ve probably not done the build thread as most would doing a bit at a time - more of I’m gonna and I’ve done. Not sure if everyone prefers drip feeding of a bit of a cliff hanger ha ha.
Not sure what to do when I’m done whether I put it away or sell it.
I have got plans for my orange P7 and have seen them in purple which I think is a great look. Not sure.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/188950755 ... res/7e6A33

Back