1990 Mammoth Tracker RC201 (upcoming project)

Fenton":2yvxja8g said:
That is very nice indeed! I don't remember these from back in the day, very cool frame with some neat details though..... What groupset are you going for on this? I assume it is m730 era?

Correct! 730 crankset and cantis, thumbies and 3-fingers levers will go on this. AmClassic Hubs with Araya RM-17 rims.

Excellent! I think m730 is my favorite shimano groupset ever! Must get around to doing an m730 build....... This is the first bike that has shown up on the forum that I don't remember from the old mags etc..... Great job finding this one!

The guy who got all the old mammoth frames and build kits is local to me. I bought a NOS xt post and NOS xt u-brake from him. He built one of them with a full Campy mtb gruppo and it is awesome. Not sure if he intends to sell the frames or what other parts he has but he it the owner and CEO of a large company so he is not hurting for cash. Look for ebay seller gokrip.

Work in progress. The wheelset is for display only ...

Odyssey Vapor Stem with matching handlebars. Mhm ... 3-finger or 4-finger levers? Not sure yet ...

XT seatpost matches perfect and the rare Turbo Gel is looking good as well.

Not sure about the rims. Shiny Araya RM-17 or matte Wolber AT-18? Black American Classic hubs and silver spokes are waiting for the wheelset build ...

Out for some test laps round the block. Still waiting for the last parts to finish this build (wheelset: black Arya RM-17 with black American Classic hubs, Sachs Maillard coqset, seat: white Avocet Racing II, chainrings: black Biopace SG).

Weight is 10,2kg!

102_2670_1024x768.jpg

102_2672_1024x768.jpg

102_2675_576x768.jpg

Back