11% pay rise for MP's!!!!!

I'm well aware of how a plumber works thank you, I have several as clients. A plumber only working 10 invoiced hrs in a week is either a lazy plumber, a shit plumber or a shit businessman.

You do talk some bollocks, d'you know that? :LOL:

Although if he is doing a further 10 off the books then he is acting illegally.

FT, as they say, FY.

X

Mijiblob":314b3evm said:
I'm well aware of how a plumber works thank you, I have several as clients. A plumber only working 10 invoiced hrs in a week is either a lazy plumber, a shit plumber or a shit businessman.

You do talk some bollocks, d'you know that? :LOL:
Fortunately I'm normally too busy working to waste time on here during the day. Those 10hrs don't do themselves you know.

And thank **** for that with some of the dobbers on here.

I do like damson jam - Mutha_Koupe used to make a massive batch every year from the 3 damson trees we had in our garden. I find them a bit sharp in their natural state, though. I also have a weird aversion to any fruit with a stone in the middle.

I was listening to the debate about this the other day on R2 and there were quite a few interesting things brought up. Yes, it seems a fairly ridiculous wage rise when other public sector workers (my wife included) only get a 1% rise if any, but on the other hand MPs do have a responsible, important job to do and I also find it amazing how their pay ranks alongside other high end public sector jobs, such as headmasters or council leaders. It amazes me that a headteacher can earn more than the PM!

Think what you like about MPs (I don't have a particularly high opinion of them in any party) but they do a tough job in the public eye, which never pleases everyone, are held accountable on their every word and deed and with some long hours too.

Koupe":3a76l99i said:
I also have a weird aversion to any fruit with a stone in the middle.

Really? Plums, damsons, greengages, nectarines and peaches are all good in my book. Not a great fan of tinned prunes though - way too sweet for my tastes.

David

It amazes me that a headteacher can earn more than the PM!

How?

At a minimum of £21,804 (or £27,270 in inner London), the starting salary in teaching is high compared to other graduate starting salaries. Leading practitioners can earn up to £64,677 in London and £57,520 outside London, while head teachers can reach a salary of between £42,803 and £113,303.

http://www.education.gov.uk/get-into-teaching/salary

The combined ministerial and parliamentary salary of the Prime Minister is £142,500 at April 2013. This figure includes the parliamentary salary of £66,396.

http://www.parliament.uk/about/faqs/hou ... faq-page2/

:?:

Back