11% pay rise for MP's!!!!!

Bats":1dipcov0 said:
Since you don't seem to understand how this website works.. ..I have a feeling it'll take someone of your intellect a while

I must take notes. This is exemplary tutelage in making friends and influencing people.

If someone barges in and acts like a proudly ignorant loudmouthed bugger then I'm going to treat them like one.

Conversations require you to listen as well as talk, but he was just a gobshite.

Bats":24idhawl said:
I've a feeling the majority of them would do it for free. The real payment, as it is, is getting to erode those pesky laws getting in the way of endless, mindless profit.
Bats":24idhawl said:
If someone barges in and acts like a proudly ignorant loudmouthed bugger then I'm going to treat them like one.

Conversations require you to listen as well as talk, but he was just a gobshite.
You are the gobshite. It wasn't long ago you were castigating me for using terms such as "It's fair to say" and yet here you are with your "I've a feeling"...

From the register of interests published in the Guardian fewer than half of MPs have any registerable interests outside the chamber. Of those who do a significant number are ad-hoc newspaper columns and the like at a few hundred quid a time. Some of these are donated to charity. So more than half earn no more than their MP pay- how would they do it for nothing exactly?

I'd rather have MPs who have/continue to have jobs, directorships etc as it means they at least have some idea of how the real world works. I accept some would rather they devoted all their time to dealing with overflowing bins etc but either way the majority demonstrably do not go into politics to make a fortune. There will be plumbers in London earning more than MPs ffs.

"From the register of interests published in the Guardian fewer than half of MPs have any registerable interests outside the chamber. "

Which shows just how good they are at being able to get their partners/spouses/other family members to head their business interests, rather than their own names appearing on company records... ;)

Delve a bit deeper, and you'll find they're actually mostly doing rather well thank you very much. Thatcher, we must all remember, was a lowly grocer's daughter. Her rise to power had nothing to do with the vast amount of wealth her husband enjoyed, oh not at all...

"There will be plumbers in London earning more than MPs ffs."

Really? Do you actually know any plumbers? Got any real figures to back this up?

Just that, unless they're having me on big time, and hiding their wealth very well indeed, none of the plumbers I know earn more than MPs.

Generally best to ignore technodup, by his own admission what he says is bollocks.

It's bollocks that he actually stands for, but he thinks he can silence what's left of his conscience by framing it as not serious.

Mijiblob":1ma909bh said:
technodup":1ma909bh said:
"There will be plumbers in London earning more than MPs ffs."
Really? Do you actually know any plumbers? Got any real figures to back this up?
Yes. From Britain's most famous plumber... How much does a typical Pimlico Plumber earn?
They earn up to £40,000/£50,000 if they are fully qualified and on call. It wouldn't be unusual for a Pimlico Plumber to earn that much. It is possible to earn £100,000 like the plumber that appeared on the BBC show

And that's an employee plumber.

Mijiblob":1ma909bh said:
"From the register of interests published in the Guardian fewer than half of MPs have any registerable interests outside the chamber. "

Which shows just how good they are at being able to get their partners/spouses/other family members to head their business interests, rather than their own names appearing on company records... ;)
Loving the way certain posters assert their views as fact and yet expect others to provide evidence. Wind and pish every time.

technodup":2mvt5j7o said:
I'd rather have MPs who have/continue to have jobs, directorships etc as it means they at least have some idea of how the real world works.

You are having a laugh aren't you? Outside the Royals and their chums I don't think there's a group of people less aware of 'how the real world works'.

As mentioned earlier, this lot seem to think it's ok to freeze public sector pay for years while inflation goes through the roof and bring in reforms to public service pensions that mean people will have to work longer for less all at a time when they get an 11% pay rise (pensionable) and a pension that is not subject to the same changes they impose on others.

I know they are not officially classed as public sector workers but their job is to serve the public. Why do the same rules not apply to them?

Back