i just wanted ask . . . is it me? or . . .

jonnyboy666

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
people, i'm at the point where i don't want to meet new people, in fact i want to see less people in general.

i'm sort of sick of the human race, don't get me wrong, i'm not a nutter, i'm not depressed or anything, i'm just tired of other peoples crap, of dealing with their crap, the unimportant idiosyncrasies of their daily lives, just being around people irritates me these days, it's not people i know, it's people i don't know that are the issue . . .

for example, i have just driven to Southampton, had to go get a few things, was heading to John Lewis, i parked my van, walked towards West quay, the shopping centre for those that don't know, initially the route was fine and uneventful, as i got closer though, walking through clouds of vape exhalation and smokers, i find that pretty awful to be honest, especially the stale smoke smell, but then you're amongst the great unwashed, it's about a 50/50 ratio of people looking/not looking at their phones, but it seems 100% are paying no attention whatsoever as to what direction they are going in, so you end up in this situation where you look for a route through them based on which way they are meandering, so you can't walk directly in the direction you want to go in, also people walk out of the smaller shops at the sides and just stop, which is like putting a big bolder in to a river, everyone then has to go around, stay to the sides you numpties!! and the deliveroo numpties on twist and go botched ebikes riding on the road/pavement in and out of people in a rush, annoying people in the establishments trying to get ahead in the queue of the people that actually went to the restaurant in person rather than being a lazy git and ordering it.

also, i love going to the cinema but these days i check listings online, to see how many seats are booked, and i'll then wait until 30 mins before the show starts, check again, still only 10 people, yeah that's a low enough number i'll go, then buy a ticket in person, only if i can get a seat far enough away from anyone else. my common movie show time is about 10 to 11pm on a wednesday night to avoid the people.

now i get that i'm getting to be an old bugger, i'm 47 now, i realise that with age grumpiness can set in, but i don't actually think it's that, i have always been happy in my own company, maybe a bit introverted, and i have a good groups of friends although most are married and have busy lives, especially the ones with kids.

so is it me? am i the issue? have i become less tolerant? or have i retreated because i don't like what i see anymore?

genuine question, is it me? am i the only one that thinks like this?

remi.jpg

and i'm at the point where if i am ever lucky enough to win the lottery, this house would be my first purchase
home.jpg

dr manhatten.jpg

I was shopping in Tesco yesterday (has to be done sometimes) and the monologue in my head would've had me arrested if I'd spoken it out loud. People are f*#king irritating.

Life carries on at its advancing pace, you on the other hand gradually slow. Like a merry go-round that you keep stepping off, bored of the same old ride, needing to get back on now and again and thinking its all seems a bit faster. So yes, its you :D

No it’s just you. I feel the world is getting a lot less cheerful. As you say practically everyone on their phones not looking where their going. I see a lot of people crossing the roads in black hoodies, on their phones, not looking each direction. Somehow they don’t get run over. Darlington a few years ago was a pleasant place to walk around in, it had its charm. However now, it’s just awful.

But don’t let that stop you from doing what you like to do. Just carry on with your day🙂

We have never been people people.In a small valley in the fells at the edge of the lakes one day and the wife says "There are people" with that derogatory tone of voice. Where says I? There she says pointing about half a mile up the valley to two tiny dots crossing the valley side.Its the way we are and probably allways will be.It is also genetic.My daughter who has done all the wainrights ( 200 plus lakeland fells )is worse than us.Nothing ruins a landscape more that people,My major hatred is walking parties.There you are having your sandwiches at the back of a drystone wall listening to the call of the curlew and plover and you are suddenly surrounded by people nattering away about their new kitchens and who is going on holliday and where. Sixty came past on one walk. No ! They should be banned to the towns. They do not belong in the peace and quiet of the hills

I said something of a similar nature in the spanner wrangler only yesterday.

difference is, I am a nutter and do want to get off. but for now, I'll stick around. that house you posted, yer you'd have to beat me to it.

I suggested moving to Pictairn, but apparantly the population is now in the 200's and that's to many people. I hate this world, but I like my tiny little slice.

Come on guys, we don’t want this to turn into the “practical explanation of life” spam thread…

Just carry on with your day and don’t let it phase you👍

Back