11% pay rise for MP's!!!!!

Don't forget with all this if they do get 11% it doesn't end there. While this government have stolen the pensions of thousands of public sector workers an 11% increase in pay will also mean a 11% increase in the value of their own pension, the same pension they have not included in the sweeping cuts to others in the public sector.

Don't be fooled by the independant review either. They had one of those when looking at our (Firefighter) pension but when it told them something other then what they wanted to know they ignored it.

They are crooks and they get away with it time, after time, after time.

if politicians actually got paid for the "work" they do, they would be on very little..
its the working class person who keeps this country going.
politicians get paid for making great speeches then finding ways to do u turns.
they have legalised crime in politics.

dyna-ti said:
One thing they did in light of the last fraud committed en-masse ,was to put in place measures to further hide their corruption.

+ 1

Neil":3aagqaex said:
Here's how I'd like to see MP's pay rises get decided...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntz0_besT04[/youtube]

Is that wrong? Doesn't feel wrong...

How about either:

1) Deal or No Deal?
2) A Play Your Cards Right big gamble grand finale (tired old catchphrases/bad toupee optional)?
3) Bully's Special Prize, with a pay increase in place of a speedboat/caravan?

David

Total Wipeout perhaps (presented by Defence Secretary Philip "The Hamster" Hammond*)?

David

*He's not a real hamster.

One quite important fact not mentioned, is that for the vast majority of MPs, the parliamentary salary is actually a smaller part of their greater annual income, as they pretty much all have other jobs, board positions and in many cases, large amounts of inherited wealth. i live quite near a number of MPs of all parties, and let's just say that they aren't living in scummy council estates. Indeed, there's no chance anyone on just their MPs' salaries would be able to afford some of the properties they live in. So the MP's salary is, for many, just a nice little bonus on top of everything else they earn.

Yeah, the real reason they're MPs in the first place is to influence the law in ways that suit themselves.

I've a feeling the majority of them would do it for free. The real payment, as it is, is getting to erode those pesky laws getting in the way of endless, mindless profit.

oh FFS, if you think it is that easy to be an M.P. why don't you have a go? pay them peanuts and you'll get even bigger monkeys that we have now, I doubt there will ever be an M.P. or goverment that will please everybody all of the time so get over it, now can we talk about what bikes and stuff?

02gf74":tnlhedr8 said:
oh FFS, if you think it is that easy to be an M.P. why don't you have a go? pay them peanuts and you'll get even bigger monkeys that we have now, I doubt there will ever be an M.P. or goverment that will please everybody all of the time so get over it, now can we talk about what bikes and stuff?

Alright then, I'll have a go.

Have you got a few bob I can borrow for my campaign?

By the way, since you don't seem to understand how this website works. There's more than one thread, if you don't like this one about politics, go find another.

While you're searching for a thread about bikes - I have a feeling it'll take someone of your intellect a while - meditate on the fact that MPs and governments aren't supposed to please everyone all the time. They're supposed to do what they believe is decent, even if it's unpopular.

Honestly they're not doing what they think is decent. They just muffle the sound of a guilty conscience with a big sack of money.

Back