11% pay rise for MP's!!!!!

Interesting. Conflicts with the DoE website figures. I'd quite like to see some more info on that, tbh, than an article in the Torygraph, and the other articles don't provide any verifiable proof of their figures. The TT article actually states:

However, some state school headteachers earn even more, although salaries often include bonuses for other work.

So, not quite a clear picture here. But again, even if this is the case, it's true for just a tiny minority, not the general norm. I think it's unwise to use uncommon anomalies in discussions such as this, as it skews the debate away from the main thrust, which is that MPs are getting a pay rise out of line of most other Public Sektor employees.

They should be forced to change their pension anyway. They've created the template by shafting us already, why not apply the same changes to theirs? As mentioned before, an 11% payrise increase their pension pot further then any changes they make so they win either way.

They are changing my pension so I will have to work 9 years longer for no extra benifit (probably less). At todays rates I will be paying £300 per month for 9 years more then I would before. That's over 32,000 extra I'll have to pay for no real benifit. That does not include the pension I would have received for that 9 years. I wouldn't mind an 11% pay rise to soften the blow.

This isnt ever going to change. We may get a couple of small victories but those will be presented to us to make us think weve won something.
If you wish to call their 'perks' corruption then be aware
This has been the system for over 300 years. NOTHING we do will ever change the way it all operates.

Short of a wormhole opening up in the space/time continuum and Guy Fawkes tumbling out this is never going to change. ;)

Or we could just kill the buggers. I've got some bunting for the party afterwards.

Back