Twentyfour 12 is anyone doing this in 2014?

Re: Re:

kirbdug":3qj1hltn said:
Good to see some familiar faces.
I was racing in a team (24hr) and was greeted by a great party at the shooting range with heckling from the retrobikers.
Worst moment was when my team mates crank arm sheared off at the top of the first climb. Mate rode one legged and ran the complete course .

Kirbdug

Glad you enjoyed the shooting range party. Thanks to Makster for that. (I was the over weight podium dancer!) Was a brilliant race and I have to say a more enjoyable course than Mayhem. I'll defo be there next year...

Doug

Attachments

• 10519769_773917392659526_1788095380554677334_n.jpg
    10519769_773917392659526_1788095380554677334_n.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 625

kirbdug":2488luop said:
Good to see some familiar faces.
I was racing in a team (24hr) and was greeted by a great party at the shooting range with heckling from the retrobikers.
Worst moment was when my team mates crank arm sheared off at the top of the first climb. Mate rode one legged and ran the complete course .

Kirbdug

Was great to see you again too fella, You looked pretty determined during the racing. The Party was such fun for us too and as you said seemed to get a great deal of thumbs up and a little uplift to the night riders which is what is was meant to do, We are hoping to get more of a retrobike crowd there next year as it is a cracking event with a great course :cool:

We saw your mate riding with 1 leg clipped in , he was flying but we didn't realise he had lost the crank arm - fair play to him giving it his all

Catch you soon

James

I rode the 24hr team. We had 5 of us doing it and managed to finish in a dismal 46th out of 54, but we kept going even regardless of the tequila shot after each lap! I even bumped into a familiar face buying guide a coffee, 'gravy' (James) who sold me my Maverick a few years ago. Well done to everyone who took part, in doing it next year for sure, we might even train a bit too!

maverick":2e9spdaw said:
I rode the 24hr team. We had 5 of us doing it and managed to finish in a dismal 46th out of 54, but we kept going even regardless of the tequila shot after each lap! I even bumped into a familiar face buying guide a coffee, 'gravy' (James) who sold me my Maverick a few years ago. Well done to everyone who took part, in doing it next year for sure, we might even train a bit too!

Was good to see you too, Coffee was a very needed part of the weekend :) , we only did the 12hr stint and that was enough, I hope you experienced the rave up the woods :LOL:

See you next time then !

Splatter Paint":3pjvd7hy said:
45th, no alcohol but we quit at 8am :facepalm: I enjoyed the course though :D

Put in a great lap time tho mate...38 something? My best was 45 something! (With lots of alcohol etc!)

Back