No more bikes! Buy's another bike. Share your shame thread

MR OX

Specialized Fan
Feedback
View
So I don't need another bike, I have one I haven't even looked at in the workshop but the lure of a rusty, forgotten old hero in it's late twentys strikes again.
So this time it's a neglected 1989 bear valley.
I know I'm not the only one guilty of this!

Re:

+1. It's why I have so many bikes myself. I did start a cull but that's stalled and another one arrived a few weeks ago which I'm clueless as to why I bought it as it's too small.

My nightmare......I keep seeing frames/bikes I wanted BITD. I can't help myself. :facepalm:
I'm just awaiting delivery of a shed this morning so I can make more space.
I've just put 2 frames in boxes which I haven't built to make way for the latest one (last week).
I keep promising myself I will whittle it down to 3.....wishful thinking I fear.

Re:

They're very addictive it has to be said and the rush of endorphins when finding a high-end bike for notalotofmoney off an unsuspecting seller on gumtree......... :D

There are worse things to spend your money on.

Happy collecting.

If you're looking for a unicorn and you want to tilt the odds your way in finding it, simply promise your wife you won't buy another bike. And just like that...

BAM

It descends from the heavens. This has happened to me at least three times over the past several years. I need to run some cable to the dog house.

Re:

guilty as charged... although they do say, talking to yourself is the first sign of madness and answering yourself means there is no hope left for you...

so ignore yourself and say the bike you have have just purchased is for your friend who reminds you of yourself.....works for me :p :p

Been trying to build one of my frames up for a few years but find more frames instead and end up looking for parts for them. I now have several frames still in boxes each with a couple of parts each. I have decided to sell some now and focus on just a couple of the ones i actually wanted to start with. Looked through a couple today, couldnt decide on which ones i actually didnt want, i bought them because i wanted them obviously, and ended up putting them back in their boxes. Currently watching two new bikes/frames on ebay, i hope i win them!

Back